Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

I'm not sure how to start this, but I didn't see a thread for moments in movies that just make things ridiculous.

The Girl Next Door: Around an hour and fifteen minutes in the main character goes to a bank and finds out that the cashier gave $25,000 to someone not on the account. The account was a fundraiser holding to pay to get someone brought to the U.S. from Cambodia(not really the point). But the cashier starts talking about how she isn't going to lose her job over this and how it's his fault and trying to trick a high school senior into owning responsibility for (clearly) her mistake. The main character even tries to help her by not wanting to tell people while he tries to recover the money, and the cashier threatens him with jail. It is so badly her fault and the m.c. did not actually break the law.

So that's what just irritated me about that movie. Kill the thread if need be or point me to the correct one to rant about things like this if it is already up somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Sir Kodiak posted:

In The Box, Frank Langella's character says that the $1 million payment for pushing the button is "tax free." But whether it's a payment for pushing the button, a cash prize, or simply a gift, there's tax implications to that. You can't just declare something tax free like you're calling out no take backs.

Also, this thread is going to get closed pretty quick. You're looking for "PYF Irrationally Irritating Movie Moments" in PYF.

Hey, thanks for pointing me over there.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Davros1 posted:

Probably the most WTF?! moment in movie history, Transformers: Age of Extinction grinding to halt to explain Romeo and Juliet laws

They had to stop for a moment to settle an issue they created just to stop and settle.

Vakal posted:

The original Dawn of the Dead is one of my favorite zombie movie, but the entire sequence with the biker gang throwing pies into the zombie faces is so out of place and pretty much sucks all the tension out of the movie.

I wonder if this was their regular method of clearing out zombies. The guy that died checking his blood pressure didn't seem to have much experience.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

SimonCat posted:

Lois Lane was dead, it was a very special circumstance. And the Earth only appeared to be rotating backwards because he was going back in time, not the other way around.

Superman destroys the world

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Spoiler warning: Escape Plan 2

Like almost half hour in they are explaining the zoo and the dude says if they kill someone the world knows they are dead but in the zoo they are just gone... it'd hafta be easier to like hide or destroy a body than create a hidden fight prison. probably wouldn't make profit off that but still.. The explaination is stupid.
Sidenote: Expendables 4

nesamdoom fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Twin Cinema posted:

My favourite WTF movie filled with WTF moments is "Pieces".

Here's a moment that will stick in my mind until the day I die: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ4-rNHSdrQ

Wait, what... Something I ate... the gently caress... It was bad enough he got taken out rather easily but just acts like it wasn't even a thing worth talking about.. Brilliant.