Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

BiggerBoat posted:

Totally. Gummo is insane, brutal, dark, off putting, disgusting and filty and for some reason I'm captivated by it. First time I saw it, I legit thought it was a weird documentary. I didn't even touch on the spaghetti in the filthy bathtub scene. The gently caress is that movie anyway?

I've actually felt DIRTY every time I've watched it. Whole god damned film is WTF.

Yes. It's one of few movies I've turned off and not completed, because of how unpleasant the entire atmosphere is. The gross bathtub scene didn't help. I just didn't want to be there anymore after a while, and didn't care about how it ended.

I like some Harmony Korine movies. But ugh. Not Gummo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

AceOfFlames posted:

Whenever I see a FedEx logo, there's a 50% chance I will think “I wonder what their marketing department thought of Castaway. Kind of a mixed bag product placement wise there.”

Was it? FedEx doesn't build planes, so that part seems fine. Really, the lesson seems to be, "FedEx: our employees care so much about your package that they'll protect it unscathed on a desert island for 5 years, as a symbolic tether to hope, that they personally hand-deliver once rescued."