Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Gavok posted:

The one WTF moment that always makes me laugh is the final ten minutes of Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare.

For those who haven't seen it, the movie is basically an Evil Dead ripoff but with a rock band, their manager and their romantic interests hanging out in a haunted farm house. They're gradually picked off and impersonated by ghouls with the unique enough setup that nobody really realizes that something's amiss. When people go missing, others figure they went and drove into town or whatever. Nobody panics and everyone has their guard down.

In the end, we're down to the lead singer (played by Jon Mikl Thor) and his girlfriend. His girlfriend is killed and a demon takes her form. Thor is chilling out, trying to write music, when his girlfriend appears and tells him that he's doomed. Thor shrugs off her warnings and demon voice like it's no big deal and assures her that their friends are all perfectly fine. Then she transforms into the Devil, who is just this awful, giant puppet. Thor still acts kind of nonplussed about the whole ordeal, much to Satan's chagrin. Then he reveals the truth: none of those killed characters were real. They were really illusions created by Thor, who is in fact the angel Triton. This was all a plan to draw Satan out into the open.

Triton then transforms and is wearing only a black cape and a spiked, metal thong. He and the Devil puppet proceed to have the absolute most embarrassing fight you've ever seen with Triton winning.

There is absolutely no foreshadowing that any of this is going to happen. It just does and God bless it.

This really is one of the greatest endings of all-time. I can't remember anything else that happens in the film, but goddamn, you better believe I remember this ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It's not in the spirit of the thread, mostly because it's not a fun ridiculous moment, but the end of Saturday Night Fever should be included. All the misogny culminates to the gang rape. While it was thematically consistent with the rest of the film, it still felt out of the blue.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

"Gummo" fits this description too. In a WTF movie filled with WTF moments, the one with the kid wearing big pink rabbit ears getting pretend shot in a junkyard still stands out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFN6Lu2olRU

My favourite WTF movie filled with WTF moments is "Pieces".

Here's a moment that will stick in my mind until the day I die: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ4-rNHSdrQ