Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Basically just trying to rip the study apart since they don't like what it says about them

"the study is invalid because it doesn't ask people if they consider the center to be the mean or the median of a set" is a pretty centrist take if you ask me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Logik what is your problem. That's not importing drama or whatever, it was just answering what I was wondering about

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

rip wampalord, warrior for democracy

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The amount of 'pffft SELF-IDENTIFIED centrists probably means just people who aren't politically involved' I've seen when the actually study checked for both those things makes me wonder whether the reason the NUT published that article was in order to deliberately misrepresent the study.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Logik what is your problem. That's not importing drama or whatever, it was just answering what I was wondering about

6ers are badges of honor

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jeb! Repetition posted:

it was a dumb question that didn't need answering

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
right up until now jeb assumed the forum cops were on his side

what a cuck

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

R. Guyovich posted:

it was a dumb question that didn't need answering

No, it was a reasonable thing to wonder

zeal posted:

right up until now jeb assumed the forum cops were on his side

what a cuck

No I didn't, look at my rap sheet

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Japan still has elections so hypothetically a left wing party could win.

Hasn't the japanese Supreme Court declared the last few elections unconstitutional/illegal due to gerrymandering or apportionment issues where rural areas are getting too many seats?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

No I didn't, look at my rap sheet

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Communist Zombie posted:

Hasn't the japanese Supreme Court declared the last few elections unconstitutional/illegal due to gerrymandering or apportionment issues where rural areas are getting too many seats?

The Japanese Supreme Court generally doesn't do poo poo.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
I remember that ruling a couple years back. IIRC the legislature just ignored it.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

finally data proving what we all knew

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 01:15 on May 28, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think leftists hate liberals more than the most rabid conservatives do. Narcissism of small difference, etc. I guess.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Anti-capitalist v. pro-capitalist isn't a small difference. Plus liberals have slowly but surely become even more bad faith actors now that neoliberals have bought into Straussian philosophy more than the neocons.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

General Dog posted:

I think leftists hate liberals more than the most rabid conservatives do. Narcissism of small difference, etc. I guess.

lmao

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

General Dog posted:

:gb2gbs:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
liberals help conservatives accomplish their goals and cover their crimes this isn’t hard to comprehend

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Japan still has elections so hypothetically a left wing party could win.

yeah so do we

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

serious reply: it's because conservatives can't be reached, while most leftists see liberals as profound disappointments at best and betrayers at worst

also you're general dog and defended jerry sandusky raping children so probably get out and don't come back

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Electoral ratification requires a bare minimum of political engagement that centrists don't want to even bother with. The whole point of this thread is that centrists are statistically more likely to not want democracy at all.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

General Dog posted:

Goddamn you're a bad poster

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Liberals have been selling out Leftists since 1795 so hating them is fine, imo.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
libs get the gulag

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Whoa you mean the people who do nothing but make excuses for neo-Nazis while insisting that leftists are just as bad and must settle for incrementalism are... bad?!

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

:yikes:

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The extreme left is every bit as bad as the extreme right. Antifa are as bad as neo-nazis.

That's why we have to befriend neo-nazis and denounce antifa.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

General Dog posted:

lol at outing urself u bubbled liberal

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Slamhound posted:

The extreme left is every bit as bad as the extreme right. Antifa are as bad as neo-nazis.

That's why we have to befriend neo-nazis and denounce antifa.

I'm willing to make the sacrifice. What do Nazis like besides lovely beer and murder?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"its hard to tell the good guys from the bad!" - Slippy Toad, Star Fox 64, noted Centrist

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

General Dog posted:

this is a pro-tier shitpost lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/eddiemarsan/status/1000787268284616704

• Locked thread