Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir

No, Grampa, it's okay. I've played this one a million times, and...

(Grampa's trembling, papery hand lifts the tiny cardboard circle from the board. His eyes narrow at the symbol in red on black, glossy and vibrant)

... No Grampa it's not like that! They set it up so the good guys...

(Grampa's gaze becomes severe, frightening. The fire of ten thousand memories flickers behind his long, intense scrutiny. The children can't possibly know what that symbol means to him. What it meant to those men... those boys, whose faces he can still see in the shadowy hours of dusk)

... I know it's not cool for a boardgame to have swastikas but it's historic, and you really can't win as the Axis...

(Grampa sweeps all the cardboard circles on to the floor, grinding them under his slipper as he trudges away to be with his thoughts)

Grampa? Grampa? gently caress why didn't we just play Risk like normal people...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Got a new game called "Vietnam." Half the rules are in Russian and there's no win condition, but I can't stop playing.

"Uncle Henry, you can't move pieces into Cambodia, you have to stay on the board!"

"Ach, Billy, I do not have nephews, only interests"

BoldFrankensteinMir

Sweat beaded on Aunt Gladys' furrowed brow. "Who suspends a bathtub on poles like that? Rube Goldberg was an idiot!" she thinks but dares not speak. She knows, the children rung around the yellowing kitchen table know, everyone knows that if this stupid trap doesn't work at least once, then the whole weekend was lame. Lame. Aunt Gladys would not have it. The greatest entertainer of Polkabarrel county steeled her grip of the colorful miniature plastic bowling ball for the eighth time and this time by God, it was going to work.

• Locked thread