Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless

When this began - when did this begin? - it was a game. A game: one decision after another after another after another, until we'd made every possible choice and began to make impossible ones. Was it the boy (the brother), his name so long forgotten, that started it? He built the machine. Was it the girl, and it's possible she never had a name, that started it? She used the machine first. It was the mother, the father, as they merged into one in our minds, creator/destroyer, a single thing that began the game and ended it, but can we say they started this? They dismantled the machine, but by the time they did it was no longer bound by physical form.

I think - "I," "I," "I," as though the self was anything but an abstraction, a convenience - that it was the infant, unformed potential, who started it. He/she/they revealed to us what lived in the hearts of stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

it took a little while, but I appreciate what I think this is
All my BYOB posts are in a shared universe. Have fun piecing that together.

FactsAreUseless

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Is it Mouse Trap?
It isn't anything lmao, I wrote it in two minutes. It's just an improvisational writing exercise.

• Locked thread