Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

night after night I play along. one wins, the other wins, our superficial fortunes ebb and flow. but I will never truly be defeated, for deep in the depths of my secret private heart, I am not sorry.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

it is very late, well after our family gathering, and walter and I should be asleep. indeed I am on the verge of slumber when I notice that walter is sitting upright in bed. the moonlight through our bedroom window illuminates a curious expression on walter's face and the ominous glint of sharpened steel in his hand. "what is it?" I cry, louder than I intended. "the hippos," he says flatly. "they hunger."

Manifisto

board game of the movie "wargames" which consists entirely of trying to trick people into removing the shrinkwrap from the box

Manifisto

FactsAreUseless posted:

When this began - when did this begin? - it was a game. A game: one decision after another after another after another, until we'd made every possible choice and began to make impossible ones. Was it the boy (the brother), his name so long forgotten, that started it? He built the machine. Was it the girl, and it's possible she never had a name, that started it? She used the machine first. It was the mother, the father, as they merged into one in our minds, creator/destroyer, a single thing that began the game and ended it, but can we say they started this? They dismantled the machine, but by the time they did it was no longer bound by physical form.

I think - "I," "I," "I," as though the self was anything but an abstraction, a convenience - that it was the infant, unformed potential, who started it. He/she/they revealed to us what lived in the hearts of stars.

it took a little while, but I appreciate what I think this is

Manifisto

FactsAreUseless posted:

It isn't anything lmao, I wrote it in two minutes. It's just an improvisational writing exercise.

lol, I thought you were going for a pastiche of parker brothers games (hence the "brother"). like referencing the dispute over "who invented monopoly", the use of hearts and stars in careers, babies in the game of life, etc.

never let authorial intention get in the way of a good theory, that's my motto

• Locked thread