Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Vim won the war a long time ago. Stop fighting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

TheFluff posted:

a lot of turbonerds seem completely unable to write in anything other than either emacs or vim because they spent a lot of time imprinting editing workflows into muscle memory or whatever, and they’re usually really insistent that the user interface is actually very good and people should spend a long time learning to use a good editor

there’s something to that I guess but I’ll take not being married to a loving text editor instead

You're not a turbonerd for using what is hands down the best open source text editor in the world.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sagebrush posted:

emacs is why rms' hands are crippled (like, literally, i heard he has to have an assistant type all of his awful screeds)

don't use emacs

It's actually due to his lifelong diet of foot lint

• Locked thread