Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Saladin Rising posted:

Yeah 5x is a really good balance, I wish they'd done multiple gaiden chapters from Ephraim's perspective like this one. That would also have helped to lengthen the game like I mentioned above.

Yeah. For that matter, I've found myself wondering how much it could have improved this game if its route split had used similar technology to Radiant Dawn's Part 4, where you have to divide your characters between multiple teams and then chapters alternate between the teams. Some of the story beats would have to be rewritten, because as it stands now there are characters who play major roles on both sides, but it would both lengthen the game and allow all of the plot to be experienced in one go (as well as avoiding the problem it has now where major reveals only occur on one route or the other, and some details contradict each other).

It would certainly go a long way toward making the game a more satisfying length, using only content that's already there (this may just be me, but I think it feels better to have all the content in a single playthrough rather than mutually-exclusive bits requiring multiple playthroughs, even if it's exactly the same content) and not mucking about with the level curve.

On another note, every time I've played this game I end up having all the cavs pass their lances to Ephraim and letting him solo the chapter. I don't tend to much care for either cavaliers in general or "balanced growth" characters in particular (which cavaliers tend to be). I've never really regretted it, except he's a good enough unit that even without feeding him all of this chapter's kills he has a tendency to hit max level on the early side...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Shiki Dan posted:

Kyle is also behind Ross in 30% crit in...every single battle. Berserker is a good class.
Also Great Knight is a bad class. Compared to Paladin you get +2con and D-rank Axes in exchange for Armor weakness and -2 Move? Terrible.

I thought Berserker only gets a 15% crit boost in FE7 and FE8?

Granted, not having a horse and armor weapon weakness is very nice, but the merits of both classes make it a harder choice than you make it out to be.

Put me down for another person who really likes this map. You can just sweep it with Orson, but you have three characters who could stand to gain several levels each. Whether or not you like Kyle and Forde is personal preference, but they usually turn out ok. 7 Movement units with balanced stats can get you very far in this game.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

Kyle is also behind Ross in 30% crit in...every single battle. Berserker is a good class.

It's 15% in Sacred Stones, which is... somewhat good, but not terribly reliable.

quote:

Also Great Knight is a bad class.

Journeyman is a terrible class, and fighter/pirate only decent, but that doesn't stop you hyping up Ross.

Paladin is certainly better, but I'm using GK as the example because it puts the characters two points apart in everything that matters, and you're still claiming one of them is good and the other is mediocre. Which only gets sillier when you're so keen to bring up that it's Kyle's worst option.

Man. I have Things to say about that, but... it's still a spoiler :negative:

Saladin Rising posted:

I wish they'd done multiple gaiden chapters from Ephraim's perspective like this one.

:yeah:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Chapter 5x: Castle Crashers (Battle)

Time to capture Renvall!

Ephraim even brought GIFs with him. Truly he was prepared.

These soldiers are easy pickings to show off your new units. They won’t put up much of a fight.

Since Forde had the good sense to bring a Javelin, I’ll have him wait to lure out the Archer. The Pillar tiles give him a nice Defense/Avoidance buff too, which will be

Wasted.

NO DAM indeed.

Alright, c’mere you little poo poo.

What a great first two turns these were.

Ephraim’s Reginleif is like Eirika’s Rapier, you can use it to make short work of armored or horseback foes. It’s also less heavy than the Steel Lance, so it gets him some doubles he wouldn’t normally be able to hit with this much power.

No thief? No problem.

And, thanks to Trading, Orson can open the door with it immediately! What a handy function.

This was the biggest, and last, mistake this Fighter ever made.

To our benefit, though.

Well, mostly our benefit. It does free up the space for his pal to come and light Ephraim aflame.

You’re getting Reginleif’d for that. :colbert:

It’s not a GREAT level, but Resistance on Ephraim is nice enough that I was pretty pleased with it. He also had a Chest Key, by the way.

All of your horsemen on this map can wield Steel Lances or Swords. Feel free to swap around and try to always keep Weapon Triangle Advantage.

First treasure is...alright.

This is nice, though. Killer Lances get a boosted crit rate, like Joshua’s Killing Edge. If it starts with “Kill”, it crits better.

Unless you’re playing Echoes. But I’m not.

The next set of enemies includes a Cavalier, so he’s got a solid range. Forde skirts it just enough to still be in Archer range, with a Javelin.

Hit him that time!

And again!

Oof. Probably should have circled him and swapped to a sword, but this is a minor setback.

A minor setback that still gets me a level. Not bad at all.

Forde gets his revenge anyway.

Orson here is carrying Ephraim. There’d be a little blue mark to indicate that, but the flickering animation and the screenshot timing disagreed.

Regardless, the siege on Kyle continues, to little effect. This Cavalier honestly isn’t impressing anyone with those hits.

You should feel free to use the self-healing that these characters come with on this map, by the way. With no healer or forts, this is the only way you can recover from damage. Aside from the throne, but once you’ve cleared that, you probably don’t need healing anymore!

Kyle cleans up for a better level. At least that HP growth is working as advertised.

Steadily moving east. The soldiers are still basically punching bags.

Hitting Forde doesn’t make it any less true, sir. Not when he does this:

However, we have angered the Cavalier collective. Surely they will ride to vengeance.

I’m kidding he’s dead as gently caress.

Ephraim takes up position here to lure out the lone soldier in that corridor. Still out of range of those two ranged units waiting for us.

But, with him gone, Forde can take them on. He honestly probably could have handled the Soldier too, but I like it when Ephraim hits things :v:

Oof. Rough showing.

It only got rougher. However, the Archer was a little luckier, and was left with a bit more HP.

This whole map is really here to teach you the importance of sharing.

Thank you for sharing this, Archer.

Heading into the final section. This is fairly heavily guarded, but if you’re using your Vulneraries and keeping an eye on movement ranges, you’ll be just fine.

:toot:

Now he can actually use that Killer Lance!

This is just rude, sir. Please do not tilt in such ways at the Prince.

Slight improvement. Strength is...good?

This Knight can do some decent damage, as can the Fighter, so I don’t want to engage both at once.

Also, Ephraim needs a Vulnerary, but can’t reach the others in time! Time for some advanced tactics.

Orson takes one from Kyle.

Passes it to Ephraim.

Why, yes, I am an expert tactician. :smuggo:

Oh poo poo I forgot this guy was here.

Still an expert! All good!

Time to teach this guy a lesson about being slightly offscreen!

Why, yes, I was fishing for this animation all map long.

Eh. Strength.

Not a ton left to do now but clean up the last dregs of them.

Naturally, this is something that requires some baton passing.

I mean, it’s not literally a baton, but it’s close. Just a bit sharper.

The unit I’m keeping an eye on this time is this Monk. Everyone here has a pretty awful Resistance. Except Orson, but he’s on “don’t soak EXP” mode.

The Knight took the bait!

:negative:

At least Kyle succeeded at one thing in this map.

Well. That’s all there is to that pack.

Now to park Ephraim here and wait.

: Imbecile! You’ll learn the error of your ways.

Zonta is a Mercenary boss. I guess that’s kinda cool? You don’t see many of those.

The fight also starts out poorly.

But then Ephraim crit.

Chopped up by the ‘copter.

Oh, that’s where all of Kyle’s numbers went.

:toot: :toot:

This is a pretty fun map. It’s fairly linear and repetitive, but each new corridor is sort of a positioning and weapon matching puzzle. I don’t mind doing it on any runs of this game.

: You were brilliant, Prince Ephraim! What a plan! What a battle!

: I estimate at least half of the enemy troops are in the field.

Were that true, we could probably still take them. Defense map! Defense map!

: We took the castle, but we don’t have the manpower to hold it in a siege. There’s no point in lingering here. Let’s continue on to Grado Keep.

Aww.

Suddenly, Forde!

“Did you see Kyle’s level ups?”

: I took a look around the castle perimeter...We’re surrounded.

: What?

: Grado’s sent reinforcements? So quickly…?

: What should we do?

: …...We must escape!

The escaping went...great. Hang on, they put all the promoted guys out here! And a few soldiers for moral support, I guess.

Oh great, it’s

You know, I think he said that before he was promoted to General…

: You’ve earned your reputation. I must say, I quite admire your work. I take it you’re the leader of this pack–the misguided Prince Ephraim

: I am.

We’ve heard.

: Catching up to you has caused me no small amount of trouble. We’ve reduced your wretched home of Renais to ruin, and yet… you and your little band of bravos continue to be a thorn in our side. But that all ends here.

: We’ll see...You claim you’ve taken the capital of Renais… Tell me, how did you know I would attack Renvall?

: Ha ha...Patience. You’ll have your answer soon enough. Now, be good lads, and drop your weapons, will you?

: Prince Ephraim, let us attack!

: ……

: Listen to me, Ephraim. You’re a smart man. You know it’s futile to fight me.

Honestly, with the units Valter seems to be packing right now? He’s probably right.

: Accept the reality of your situation, and surrender to me. That’s right. If you do, I’ll let you live. I hold your life in the palm of my hand. Do not test my good humor. Now, come over here, bend your

Valter is a little bit of a sadist.

: I think not.

: What?

: You said your name was Valter, didn’t you? Well, I’m sorry, Valter, but I don’t have time to waste playing games with you.

Ephraim’s lines are really good.

: Fool… Have you gone mad? Do you truly believe you can fight your way past my wyvern knights?

: Kyle, Forde. Are you ready?

: My life has been yours since the moment I took my chivalric vows.

: It’s moments like these that keep me by your side, my prince.

: What idiotic wretches you are… Prepare yourselves to be destroyed utterly!

Next time we go back to Eirika.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Yeah, I think Valter would've done well to spread his men a little more evenly. :allears:
Good thing bosses don't move, otherwise he couldn't outrun Valter.

Hmm, I wonder how Valter knew. Let's ask Orson...oh wait, he isn't with Eprahim at the moment.

This animation never gets old does it. It's exactly the right amount of flash.
And I miss it so much in the new games. :qq:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
My first attempt at Fire Emblems outside of the GBA games was the FE1 remake on the DS. You know, the one with the incredibly long animations with the 3D sprites that looked like they belonged in a PS1 Yu-Gi-Oh game?

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Those Forde and Kyle level-ups are reminding me why I very rarely end up using them. I mean especially compared to what Franz is pulling off in this playthrough:

Franz is a level or two lower and he's already quite a bit better than both of them.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

My first attempt at Fire Emblems outside of the GBA games was the FE1 remake on the DS. You know, the one with the incredibly long animations with the 3D sprites that looked like they belonged in a PS1 Yu-Gi-Oh game?
Do you need a hug? :(

I went from Radiant Dawn (1st Fire Emblem exposure) to GBA Sacred Stones to DS to 3DS.
Radiant Dawn style is probably as close as you can get to the GBA crits.
Shadow Dragon and Awakaning/Fates are pretty close to eachother in style. They just added the face cut in.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Yeah Forde and Kyle never turn out well for me either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Of course, that also implies Ephriam is notably younger than Severa, which feels a little odd.)
The kids in awakening are probably 20ish, laurent has some lines about it. Ephraim is 17.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So I got curious and looked at some average stats for the 3 cavs here. Franz is actually better situated period due to his bases actually being better than the later two. So the 2 cavs here will end up looking a bit lacklustre just from that. And while their growths are generally even, they do still have their specialties, and it sort of gets worse from there.

Franz is SPD, then STR.
Kyle is STR, then DEF
Forde is..... SKL and LCK.

Franz probably has the best specialty, with Kyle being reasonably close in usefulness. Forde is just poo poo out of luck cause christ that's a bad way to specialize.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Saladin Rising posted:

Those Forde and Kyle level-ups are reminding me why I very rarely end up using them. I mean especially compared to what Franz is pulling off in this playthrough:

Franz is a level or two lower and he's already quite a bit better than both of them.

That's actually normal. Kyle and Forde start out barely better than Franz and 4 resp. 5 levels higher than him. IIRC Kyle has 2 strength over him, Forde has 2 speed. Level 4 or 5 Franz beats both of them, on average, and he has quite a few chapters in which he's one of the few characters worth shoving into combat, or at least in my opinion, so it's very reasonable for him to be at least level 4 by the time you get around to Forde and Kyle.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

Ephraim even brought GIFs with him. Truly he was prepared.

Eirika is just outclassed in every field, isn't she? It's almost a little sad.

quote:

I... completely forgot that Epraim can't use the killer lance at base :psyduck:

I just kind of assumed he could! Because he's Ephraim.

quote:

Oh poo poo I forgot this guy was here.

You know, I was so close to making a comment last time about hey, that overview map at least shows you that guy is there, so you have no excuse to get surprised by him like everybody else (myself included) does! So close.

quote:

Why, yes, I was fishing for this animation all map long.

And no one can blame you.

Ephraimcopter is so good.

quote:

You know, I think he said that before he was promoted to General…

He might just mean finest in general :v:

quote:

:allears:

...but you know, looking at it again, that setup just kind of screams "trap". If only Valter spent a little less time on his hair and a little more on actually planning things, we might be playing a very different kind of game...

Saladin Rising posted:

I don't think I've ever actually used Kyle and Forde, precisely for this reason.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

vilkacis posted:

Eirika is just outclassed in every field, isn't she? It's almost a little sad.

Eirika is like Eliwood. When she turns out good, she turns out REALLY good. Only difference is I don't think I've ever had a good Eliwood. I think I just stopped trying after a point.

Who else do you think would carry around pictures of themselves being awesome? Hector, for sure. Innes. L'arachel. Serra. Shinon. Gatrie. Vaida (would probably rent a billboard). Lute. Ray.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

: Sigh. Not this poo poo again...

Blinking animation really is the best co-commentator that no one asked to ever join their LPs.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

So Grado's finest creep also has voiced lines in FE:Heroes. Imari Williams, who is also Benny and Fugo from FE:Fates; Hol Horse in the JJBA dub; and Augus in Asura's Wrath, does a great job of sounding like a predator for Valter:

"I will master you. Someday."

"Show me. Show me. Grovel like a dog."

"Ephraim. Eirika. Delicious prey."

"You are mine now. Entertain me! More!"

"What fine sport!"

"You're just a corpse."

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

PMush Perfect posted:

vilkacis posted:

You know, I was so close to making a comment last time about hey, that overview map at least shows you that guy is there, so you have no excuse to get surprised by him like everybody else (myself included) does! So close.

I saw the Stairs tile under him and started wondering if he was a reinforcement and I could save face. Nope!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Eirika is like Eliwood. When she turns out good, she turns out REALLY good. Only difference is I don't think I've ever had a good Eliwood. I think I just stopped trying after a point.

Poor Eliwood doesn't even get Eirika's advantage of having a few chapters to shine solo. Hector pretty much immediately shows up.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Blinking animation really is the best co-commentator that no one asked to ever join their LPs.

I personally invite Blink Animation every time I start a thread.

golden bubble posted:

So Grado's finest creep also has voiced lines in FE:Heroes. Imari Williams, who is also Benny and Fugo from FE:Fates; Hol Horse in the JJBA dub; and Augus in Asura's Wrath, does a great job of sounding like a predator for Valter:

I loved him as Benny and Fugo, but I'm actually not a huge fan of Valter's voice in Heroes. He sounds a little too composed for someone who's as off his rocker as Valter is. It hits "sinister schemer" a bit more than it does "bloodlusting sadist" to me. That's just me, though.

Most of the Heroes VA is great. I like Ephraim a lot. Hector and Jagen are very good, as is Catria.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 30, 2018

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’d like Ephraim’s voice more if Greg Chun did more to differentiate between his Ephraim and Ike voice. Though that might just be because I’m pretty sure FEH’s idea of voice direction is “here are your lines, email us your takes”.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Loved the Ephraimvision. Hope we get more of it. He is a rowdy boy, isn't he?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why would you do this to me

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

Because he can, probably.

And props to Imari Williams, who has some great vocal range for his performances with the series. I admit his Fuga performance is the better of the two he did for Fates, as Benny...has some rough line reads, mostly with his critical hit quotes ("You die so I may live!" is one example of how the direction seemingly wanted to keep the speaking voice for Benny during crit lines, but Imari Williams just can't quite hold the voice while yelling). And then you get Valter, who is so removed from how Imari Williams sounds, you'd be shocked it was the same person.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I've played so much Shadow Dragon that I'm obligated to defend it.

(it's pretty not good tbh)

hopeandjoy posted:

Though that might just be because I'm pretty sure FEH's idea of voice direction is "here are your lines, email us your takes".

I'd be interested to know exactly how that process works.

That seems like how they've done it since Awakening. There's a video somewhere of the VA for Lon'qu (I think?) talking about how he doesn't know how to respond to people asking him about Lon'qu, because he didn't really get any information for the character he was supposed to do a voice for. He does a great job regardless, though. It seems like a bizarre system, but I'm not a voice director and the VA quality has certainly rocketed up since Tellius, so I guess something's working.

Matt Mercer has posted some clips of himself playing Heroes, though, and Alm/Celica's VAs streamed Echoes, so some of them may know more about their characters at this point from just playing the games.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 1, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

My first ever go of FE7 had (what felt like) a monster of an Eliwood. Hit several caps and was just an all around maniac especially once he got the horse and could run across the entire map. So now I weirdly see all the average and below ones as the outliers instead of the norm.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

I'd be interested to know exactly how that process works.

From what I've heard, that's just kind of how voicing works in general. You get your lines, you read them, and that's all. It's pretty rare to have a situation where the actors are actually together and talking to each other in context.

Which is understandable since you don't need to worry about schedules to get everyone together, but it's also a shame because if you do make that effort, it tends to result in a better performance.

But hey, at least they're taking it somewhat seriously these days and don't just grab the janitor if they find they need an extra voice :v:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Honestly, what’s improved the voice acting since the Tellius game is that it’s no longer one of the first voiced Nintendo games and the English language voice acting scene is much more established. Not that there weren’t established voice actors in the 90s and 2000s, but they primarily worked on children’s tv and even then were too expensive for most localizations’ shoestring budget. Studios realizing they should give an actual voice acting budget to localizations and the anime boom in the 2000s cultivating an additional group of English voice actors helped.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vilkacis posted:

From what I've heard, that's just kind of how voicing works in general. You get your lines, you read them, and that's all. It's pretty rare to have a situation where the actors are actually together and talking to each other in context.
its how voicing dubs for anime games works, not voicing in general

And even in that case there's different practices. The dub for Trails of Cold Steel had the game's localization director constantly adding notes to the script, explaining context, character motivations, lore thats mentioned in other games in the series besides the one being dubbed, things that are mentioned in unvoiced lines, the tone of the scene, etc.

Nintendo just tosses the voice lines at random actors they hire. The Fates VAs weren't even told their character's names for some insane reason. Considering how good Echoes's dub was I imagine the VAs there got at least some context/direction.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 1, 2018

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

To be fair, considering Heroes has a lot of voice lines spread out over a large number of voice actors, I can't imagine a better way than to have the actors record and send the audio themselves.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Berkut's VA did an interview that talked about the difference in direction between Echoes and Heroes. It makes sense, given one is a full game and the other is just a handful of lines without any real story context.

https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/ian-sinclair-interview

quote:

Night and day. Night and day. One of them was really ‘find this character, craft it, and make it and… just the lines, there’s this huge character arc, and, and… all this change’, and the other one was like ‘Do that Berkut voice, here’s twelve or thirteen queues, here’s how you feel, roughly this’. And then, they would- there was a good amount of directing, they made sure I did it the right way, but it was- Heroes was easy. Heroes was just kinda going in and being like, ‘oh, it’s like- 😊’.

There’s video game sessions where you just kinda sit in there and it’s just an Excel sheet and you go “Huh! Blah! Brap! Brah!” and you go through it… that was closer to that… than the other one, which was… this long script which had all these different moving parts.

Super easy! Super easy. Took me an hour. Less than an hour.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

vilkacis posted:

For a non-Fire Emblem example, the voice actor of Conrad Kellogg from Fallout 4, Keythe Farley, was only given his lines over the course of the game's development and was never told anything else beyond that information, nor did Farley ever meet anyone else from the game while recording lines. To top it all off, Farley never knew how important of a character he was voicing until the actual release of Fallout 4. IIRC, Farley didn't even know the title of the game he was doing voice work for, either.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
"Berkut" is what it was supposed to be? That makes more sense and is also vastly more badass than "Beruka".

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Ah no, different character, different game. Beruka is from Fates Conquest, Berkut is a secondary antagonist in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
Awwww. I'd heard there were the usual disagreements over transliterating Beruka's name, so I'd thought...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

AradoBalanga posted:

For a non-Fire Emblem example, the voice actor of Conrad Kellogg from Fallout 4, Keythe Farley, was only given his lines over the course of the game's development and was never told anything else beyond that information, nor did Farley ever meet anyone else from the game while recording lines. To top it all off, Farley never knew how important of a character he was voicing until the actual release of Fallout 4. IIRC, Farley didn't even know the title of the game he was doing voice work for, either.

That's one of the things changed in the va strike thankfully.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Am I just tired, or did someone do the actor the intense disservice of just recording his words literally, without any of the editing that generally goes into an interview to have it make sense? The whole "you know, like, it's......" shtick is entirely incoherent.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Whoever transcribed it also put emojis into his speech, which is bizarre but also really funny.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I just realized that Ephraim said he doesn't pick fights he can't win, and then immediately tells his party to retreat. Reminds me of what Ike says if you decide to bail on the Black Knight in PoR.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, at least he's honest! It's a fight he can't win, so he doesn't pick it.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Yeah, I think Ephraim gets a really good showing in this chapter, and I'm not just saying that because his stats are absurd - he's also picked a plan riding the right part of the continuum between 'the obvious safe bet everybody will see coming' and 'nobody will see it coming because it's the worst idea imaginable'. And when he's faced with a fight that wouldn't profit him in the slightest...he doesn't bother, he just books it.

I feel like I'd be better inclined towards a lot of characters if they were the thinking kind of meathead like the good prince here.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
Yup! And to be fair, there's no real way he could've accounted for [PLOT TWIST]. Considering that he successfully raided the place and then broke contact, the worst that you could say about his raid was that it was a rash gamble that paid off. If it's stupid but it works, et cetera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
yes

• Locked thread