Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Manifest Dynasty posted:

I'm dumb and also injured and I have a love/hate relationship with the stupid opening weeks of MMOs. So which server and side are most people on?

I chose Murabi server and Union, but I'm not committed to anything other than trying this game for at least a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Good news fellas, Steam just approved my refund for the most Gucci edition. If you don't open the founders packs you can get your money back no problem.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
There are a lot of funny problems with this game.

Haha.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

OK, I'll admit it. I wasted about a half hour due to idiocy. When I fired it up and tried to play, my camera kept panning up, and I couldn't figure it out. Spent a long time looking at game settings, then tried restarting the computer, looking at mouse options, looking for new device drivers, etc.

Then I noticed an X-Box controller sitting forgotten in a dusty corner, which I plugged in like 2 years ago. Upside down, with one of the sticks wedged up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

GreatestNerdEver posted:

as a connoisseur of most lovely korean and chinese MMOs, this game is rough as fuuuck

When motherfucking Aeria backs out of a deal because they feel it was too bad of a game, you should sit back and think about things.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's too bad this game sucks. I was excited that a new MMO was out. Launch month MMO is my favorite genre of game.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Third World Reggin posted:

There are a lot of funny problems with this game.

Haha.

Details or any links please :v:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A bunch of stuff in the 4chan threads for this game but the best one that I can recall was that the auction house was web based and went down due to their site getting hammered.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Holy poo poo, apparently they removed entire plot-important questlines and cutscenes because of "censorship"?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Holy poo poo, apparently they removed entire plot-important questlines and cutscenes because of "censorship"?

removed the action mode from all classes but zerk and I think ranger, too

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
So, you can make this game not play like rear end if you edit the .ini files. It completely fixed most of my performance issues.

Below are the settings you should change in the files:

Edit BLEngine.ini

bStaticDecalsEnabled=False

bDynamicDecalsEnabled=False

bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False

MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120

bShouldLogStatsData=False <------------ add it on line 241

[TextureStreaming]

MinTextureResidentMipCount=7

PoolSize= X ( X is based on your GPU Memory: 512, 1024,2048, 4096 etc)

MemoryMargin=256

ThreadedShaderCompileThreshold=4 (based on the number of your physical cores)

MotionBlur=False

Edit BLSystemSettings.ini

Distortion = False (multiple lines)

DynamicShadows=False (multiple lines)

LightEnvironmentShadows=False (multiple lines)

FogVolumes=False (multiple lines)

StaticDecals=False (multiple lines)

MotionBlur=False

edit:

Certain cultural misunderstandings.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 29, 2018

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I admit I laughed out loud when I saw the new Guido server

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

GreatestNerdEver posted:

removed the action mode from all classes but zerk and I think ranger, too

This the best part. All they talked about for months now is the NEW COMBAT *oops we cut two classes that weren't ready for action combat, then didn't implement it for almost every class anyway.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The "new combat" is almost exactly the same as the Japanese version's combat.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Rigel posted:

I admit I laughed out loud when I saw the new Guido server

They removed it.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Frustrated posted:

This the best part. All they talked about for months now is the NEW COMBAT *oops we cut two classes that weren't ready for action combat, then didn't implement it for almost every class anyway.

Yeah, combat is bad. Have fun with your combo system that requires you to hit with your first attack. The tank class doesn't get its second attack chain starter in one of its stances for a while, so if you miss with the first one you just sit there uselessly until it comes off cooldown.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That is decidedly worse than the Japanese server's just having a full skillbar, and letting you freely swap between semi-action and tab'ing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Name Changed to avoid certain cultural misunderstandings

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

A lot of these complaints sound pretty valid, but at the same time I'm watching some random streamers play and it seems pretty okay. This is a very cursory opinion and I really haven't looked into things to in depth, haven't checked out the japanese action combat, but the combat seems pretty great for tabbed targeting.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This game looks bad, but our one true savior Camelot Unchained is still a month away from early beta(Alpha) and I got that itch

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I don't know why, but I still believe. I'm playing on Lily as Union and will probably continue to do so if it actually lets me into the game again. I will make a dumb guild the next time it lets me.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

https://blessonline.net/

TL;DR are any other goons playing this mess? I'm gullible enough to try it, though I didn't buy early to get into the early-launch bonus days. :wooper:

Was waiting for this thread to show up along with all the regulars.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
I haven't played yet but I'm hearing it's incredibly bad.

I can't wait!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The cash shop prices are hilarious. The $70 pack only gives you enough funbucks (2450) for TWO inventory expansions, at 1200 each. The cheapest costumes cost 2600.

Also the currency is character bound.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The costumes may also be character bound.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

XyrlocShammypants posted:

This game looks bad, but our one true savior Camelot Unchained is still a month away from early beta(Alpha) and I got that itch

You know I've looked at the Camelot Unchained website a few times and never seen the "hook" to draw me in.

I'm not saying the product is bad. I'm saying the website doesn't manage to tell the casual visitor "this is why you should spend money here and this is what you're getting" very well.

I have more interest in checking it out once it's playable than this mess though. Didn't buy into the Bless headstart and boy do I feel good about finally learning my lesson from every other time.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Schubalts posted:

Also the currency is character bound.

FunkyFjord posted:

The costumes may also be character bound.

I’m pretty sure I saw some posts on Reddit about the devs saying that the per character stuff is a bug.

Edit: Looks like the premium status and currency are account based and tools/skins are character based.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
One piece of good news is that steam gave me a refund at 5 hours played! Only took 34 minutes for the refund too.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Free Triangle posted:

One piece of good news is that steam gave me a refund at 5 hours played! Only took 34 minutes for the refund too.

This might be the most positive thing said in this thread thus far.

remeez
Jan 10, 2007

I just got an Assassin weapon. That class doesn't isn't even in the NA version yet.

Time for my first ever Steam refund, if I remembered PoE was starting a new league soon I never would have bothered with this.

May have stuck with it as a side game but the entire game being google translated, and the skill system being double google translated is too awful

remeez fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 29, 2018

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

why are there no user reviews on steam?

also saw a stream of this yesterday, game was laggy as gently caress and I closed the twitch app

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Game is hilariously bad.

I've played about 3 hours and nothing makes sense and some of the text is just missing and full of placeholders and is needlessly clunky and the skill system isn't explained at all or just flat out broken.

Avoid the game if you don't like 5 year old free to play style games however I'm currently enjoying playing it because of how stupid it is and some of the spells look awesome.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I've rarely seen a subreddit so mad about a game, like, "how to refund" is one of the top threads there. What was supposed to make this game good anyway, besides the pretty graphics?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Frog Act posted:

What was supposed to make this game good anyway, besides the pretty graphics?

Self-delusion.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I watched a few of the Emissaries or whatever live stream the game yesterday. They seemed to be hyping it up as, essentially, 'everything you use to love and then grew to hate about mmos is really well refined in this game.'

I've been around for mmo launches in the past, server issues are expected. I think the game looks nice, despite definitely not having the newest graphics out there. But aside from maybe having refined versions of mechanics mmos have been using for a long time now I don't really see anything special or incredibly attractive about Bless.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I dont think it even has that because everyone who bought it seems to hate it, both the gameplay and the localization that removed a spider woman mount with gigantic titties

ed: well, added a shirt to her i guess

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How long will it be until it goes from “This game sucks because it is bad” to “ This game sucks because it was screwed up in localization “?

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

quote:

As one of the many people that had followed the other versions of this game One of the things that made it great was that it was a truely mature game. Several of us asked that this game not be censored and we were told our feedback would be taken into consideration. Later on several of us were explicitly told that there would not be any sort of censorship. Today the game is released with a surprise Teen rating that showed up only after many of us had already purchased our packs. Instead we have censorship so heavy that cutscenes are altered or completely missing, many quests and entire questlines are gone, the chat and naming filters are insane. This wasn't the game I wanted, it's not the one I was promised, nor is it the game I paid for. The devs are silent on this issue other than the excuse they thought redoing this game as a teen rating would somehow expand their audience and warnings that our access to the other regions may soon be restricted due to the steam release. This is frustrating as the entire reason for playing bless was the mature and realistic content. We don't need another kiddified game and the forums are loaded with people demanding refunds or swearing off the game because of the unneeded and unwanted censorship.

Game bad because censorship

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

As usual I jumped straight in on this with both feet with the mid-tier founders pack even though I've felt sceptical about this, and holy smokes is this a trainwreck in the making. Between the utterly random fps-drops unless you edit ini:s to turn the game into potato mode, the tremendous korean engrish on display, cringey cut-scenes that only barely made sense and a world loading after character select that just got kinda stuck at around 80% doing nothing 9/10 times of the times I launcheed it (assuming I actually got past the title loading screen), I got buyer's regret real fast this time around. For what little it is worth, I played a Lupus ranger.

It's not like the game doesn't have at least a few highlights like a decent character creation tool and the combo system, which would be nice if implemented... Well, half-decently. Problem is that most of the game I saw seems to have been made with an attitude of "that'll do".

And since I bought deluxe, I can't refund? Well, that's also wrong as it turns out, since I got a refund after ~3h playtime citing mostly the reasons above, so if you bought a shiny founders edition there might still be hope if you wish to undo the purchase. And yes, I had opened the package you get in-game.

Anyway, no skin off my back. I went in with low expectations, so it mostly feels like a "too bad, could've been something" affair to me. Also, how do you manage to get performance that terrible from UE3? I mean, it's aged, but no games I've seen run it were ever like this.

Edit: vvvvvv Pretty much that, yes.

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 19:56 on May 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
news: it's a bad game
views: this is a bad game