Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Is any part of this game cool?

Currently tanking login screen boss; not enough dps :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kimsemus posted:

Is any part of this game cool?

Character creation and it's a huge open world. Actually playing it....not for $30 no.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Steam refunding people so quickly for this product seems to be the best aspect so far.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

For what its worth, my fps in this game is fine, but I got a new computer from Falcon Northwest a few months ago that ought to be able to run anything, so my experience is probably not the same as most players. The localization/translation is really bad, which wouldn't be a dealbreaker if the game itself was good. I wouldn't say its a bad game, but its not amazing either, it feels like a run of the mill MMORPG, when the servers are up and if you have a machine that can actually run it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Rigel posted:

For what its worth, my fps in this game is fine, but I got a new computer from Falcon Northwest a few months ago that ought to be able to run anything, so my experience is probably not the same as most players.

There are people with computers that should eat this game for lunch that are having performance issues.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
🙏online

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

The performance issues were bizarre too, because it'd be perfectly fine in certain areas (crowded city, for example) and then hack up a lung out in the countryside with barely a soul around. Next time I came through, it'd have switched around or moved the issues to other areas.

Which to be fair is a complaint that people have had since the game initially launched and it's my own drat fault for believing they'd have improved it. Still perplexed how you get UE3 to perform so poorly, though...

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

Well played for 3 hours and refunded because of reasons that were stated above. I was also getting a bad headache because when I would ride on my mount the screen would shake up and down when running over what i assumed were pebbles on the road.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Anyone not disillusioned enough, I made a guild called Ultimatum on Lily server. I think you can apply directly, otherwise message dipwood.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

So, now that this has bombed out on launch what is the next "Please don't suck" MMO train to jump on?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I bought deluxe

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Anyway, no skin off my back. I went in with low expectations, so it mostly feels like a "too bad, could've been something" affair to me.

:thunk:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Eh, it wasn't that much more expensive than the normal version (while I felt the most expensive one was a bit to rich for my tastes) and came with some in-game funbucks in case I actually found anything interesting in the in-game shop. Convenience more than excitement for the game, I guess? :shrug:

tehgrif
Apr 3, 2009

Steam is really great about refunds across the board with this. I got my money back after 8 hours.

As a veteran of bad MMOs I kind of expected mediocre, but man it exceeded expectations of awful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A lot of people went into bless trying to fill a hole BDO is leaving after some particularly bad balancing and complete redesigns of classes CC and anti CC but Bless works worse, runs worse, has design decisions over a decade old (hard factions in 2018???) Its such a loving train wreck.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's all your fault for thinking MMOs will ever be good.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's all your fault for thinking MMOs will ever be good.

Guilty as charged, but it's hard not chasing that nostalgic goodfeel I remember through rose-colored glasses of playing WoW for so many years (beta to late pandaland), once every few years... Even if my reaction to the thought "just play Warcraft again?" is "Awww, hell no!".

But at least I got that refund, now to wait for some game to catch my eye. Biomutant seems a strong candidate, whenever it arrives.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I'm enjoying Bless after the .ini fixes, but I also have brain damage.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Saradiart posted:

I'm enjoying Bless after the .ini fixes, but I also have brain damage.

We all have brain damage in here, otherwise we wouldn't play MMOs.

More power to you if you have fun with the game, though. It just isn't for me. :)

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 30, 2018

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
here's my controversial opinion. im having fun leveling, questing and crafting. i havent done the pvp yet but if it's bad ill report back

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://youtu.be/jLQo3Zv66mc

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

"The Fortnite of MMORPGs"

Wait the guy in the video is serious? Was certain he would break into laughter in the end and go like "ha ha, ya'll fell for that? gently caress this dumpster game lmao".

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

i want to believe this is faked for views

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I shot at a deer with a bow for like 15 minutes and it dropped a sword.

i wasted 15 minutes.

I can't be to mad since I got this thing for free. But same, as others have said the lag is terrible when it's empty, but when it's crowded its fine.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Blazing Zero posted:

i want to believe this is faked for views

I really hope it is. Either way, it made me deeply uncomfortable. :yikes:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reason number whatever why streaming is cancer :yikes:

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP4SMQoJ8ns
(PSA: Steam are currently refunding everybody for Bless Online)

Well, that's that then. (even if the title is a bit of a clickbait.)

Inepta Lacerta fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 30, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Xae posted:

So, now that this has bombed out on launch what is the next "Please don't suck" MMO train to jump on?

Well there’s the spiritual successor to Ultima Online that will suck
And then there’s the spiritual successor to Dark Age if Camelot that will suck
And then there’s the kickstarted sandbox mmo that will suck so bad it never makes it out of Alpha
And then there’s the Brad McQuiad joint that has sucked so bad that it has failed two crowd funding waves and has asked its fans to do modeling work for them in exchange for “video game development experience”

And at some point during that cycle WoW will release the vanilla server and people will finally learn just how much vanilla WoW sucked.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Inepta Lacerta posted:

How on Earth did they spend 60m on this? Got to be some kind of investor scam.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

And then there’s the Brad McQuiad joint that has sucked so bad that it has failed two crowd funding waves and has asked its fans to do modeling work for them in exchange for “video game development experience”

This is pretty :lol:. Brad McQuaid is such a turd.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8dXV3AUwQQ

Have a dupe bug

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
What I want is a game with the storytelling and world building of ffxiv with wow's endgame and itemization. That's apparently a pretty tall order.

I would also love to see this new fallout game be an mmo, but it will probably be just another one of those survival/battle royale things that are all the rage with the kids these days. :corsair:

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
The only review of bless you need-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ftdu8yrKOw

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
r.DefaultFeature.Bloom=False

r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusion=False

r.DefaultFeature.PostProcessing=False

r.DefaultFeature.AmbientOcclusionStaticFraction=False

r.DefaultFeature.AutoExposure=False

r.DefaultFeature.MotionBlur=False

r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0

r.DepthOfField.MaxSize=0

r.SwitchGridShadow=0

grass.DiscardDataOnLoad=1

foliage.DiscardDataOnLoad=1

FX.MaxCPUParticlesPerEmitter=10

foliage.OnlyLOD=0

AllowPerFrameSleep=False (Allow sleeping once a frame to give the rest of the system some time to run and to smooth out CPU times)

AllowPerFrameYield=False (Allow yielding once a frame to give other threads time to run (AllowPerFrameSleep takes precedence)

If you want more FPS or you have a weak PC, with this fix lowering some settings in-game will yield some high FPS results.
Background Distance to 1
Shadow Detail to 1

Some extra ini tweaks I know of you can try to make the game not run like poo poo, think they go in engine.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Haha. Lazy Peon's whole niche is giving lovely obscure MMOs more in-depth reviews than they deserve and trying to find the good in them. If he's telling people this game straight up isn't worth playing it must truly be cancer.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I didn't think there could be a worse launch than how Trion handled ArcheAge

but here we are

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Kimsemus posted:

but here we are

Stormblood is still the worst MMO launch (at least if you were part of EA).

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
Back to waiting for Brad McBenzo to either:

-release Pantheon

-launch Pantheon off the nearest cliff with decades proven MMO strategies to destroy your game/launch/coke habit

Kimsemus posted:

but here we are

Does Bless: Online feature fishing pacts?

Fishing pacts tho?

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

but here we are

Alpha Archeage was good, nothing on bless has ever been remotely good.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Saradiart posted:

Stormblood is still the worst MMO launch (at least if you were part of EA).

I imagine that you are talking about the troubles with the initial quests and server issues. Everyone expects server troubles in an mmo release week. I think that's not what is making people hate the game, or at least it's not the main reason.

And note that they also committed the classic mistake of funneling all players to one single region and setting up a quest that forces all of them to interact with one single object at the same time, creating a massive bottleneck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Simon Numbers posted:

Alpha Archeage was good, nothing on bless has ever been remotely good.

I really can't make sense of what the hell happened with Trion.

When they released rift they got glowing reviews telling about how smooth the release was and how great was their customer support and they were really viewed in high regard. And then it all went to poo poo.

• Locked thread