Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Well I'm not going to deny it happened, because it was so long ago I barely remember anything. I remember driving my car that was slightly slower than walking. There are most likely some bad memories but I kinda just remember having a fun time with AO at launch.

I remember killing mobs that would ask "can i have ur zword" and doing an instanced mission and getting a potted plant as a reward and wearing short shorts because there was male and female clothing and it was not labeled or limited to each gender. That's about my entire recollection of AO, overall i think i liked it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Those mobs were named "leets" if I remember correctly.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol the steam store class list misspells Paladin

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

How does that even happen? The 'n' key isnt even close to 'a' or 'l' so its likely not a typo.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

english hard effort harder

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Frog Act posted:

lol the steam store class list misspells Paladin

That is some egregious titty plating

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

In all honesty thats way better than the female armor in most MMOs.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
FYI:

If you don't like something in the game, just edit your .ini! There is no server side check. Enjoy.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Kimsemus posted:

FYI:

If you don't like something in the game, just edit your .ini! There is no server side check. Enjoy.

That sounds more fun than most mmos to be quite honest

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Kimsemus posted:

FYI:

It's all client-side stuff that has literally 0 effect on the game. Even the gravity flight stuff -- you'll see yourself bounding through the clouds while in reality you're just standing still, perfectly able to get beat on.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

[I am an idiot. Idiot me. How's this new Korean MMO anyway?]

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Thank god I was on vacation during the initial release of this game. Looks like I will need to find another bad game to sink my money in.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Rigel posted:

Well, I was planning on trying it at least a month, but what I've been seeing was so very bad (not the fps/performance thats playable for me, but choices they made for the game. The combat system sucks, the English translation is not good, there's literally no endgame right now, etc) that I felt I couldn't pass up the "everyone gets a refund" offer that steam is apparently giving out right now. Its the first time I ever asked for a refund for a game.

Good luck, folks.

My turn to be an idiot!

...will report back with my refund request in an hour or two :V

edit: welp, character creation crashed to desktop. 6/10, GOTY

Time To Refund: 73 minutes. 40 of which were spent in the character creation. Bleah.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jun 4, 2018

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

I caved and bought it too. Aside from issues with the resolution, it's been entertaining enough. I actually don't think the translation is as bad as most other Korean MMOs. The quest translations aren't that bad anyway, don't know what the gently caress happened with the skills. I also kind of like the combat so far. I think I can have fun with it until they eventually start adding truly objectionable poo poo to the cash shop or until BFA comes out to satisfy my thirst for blood. Whichever comes first.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
I bought this because well I don't know why.. poor impulse control ?

Doesn't seem all that bad so far, but im only a few hours in...

EDIT: My sucky rear end GPU bites me in the rear end, unplayable once I get to the city.

mfny fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 5, 2018

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Yeah, I re-caved again, thanks to where I'm at right now in life (lots of time / inability to move / other bullshit). It's not bad. I actually like the combat.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:negative:

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Saradiart posted:

Stormblood is still the worst MMO launch (at least if you were part of EA).

I know nothing about Stormbloods launch yet even I can tell how wrong this post is.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Thursday Next posted:

Yeah, I re-caved again, thanks to where I'm at right now in life (lots of time / inability to move / other bullshit). It's not bad. I actually like the combat.

This, plus everything else about this garbage game makes me depressed.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

If you haven't gotten out of bounds to walk towards the northeast tip of the map, you're missing out on the Great Chili War of 2018.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Your Moms Ahegao posted:

I know nothing about Stormbloods launch yet even I can tell how wrong this post is.

It's just a personal opinion thing; I should have been clearer.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Combat actually gets fun. The game isn't that bad. I swear it's not that bad. The combat gets fun later on. Guys stop quitting it actually gets pretty fun if you just stick it out. Its not that bad

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
If only there were better MMOs out there.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Zam Wesell posted:

If only there were better MMOs out there.

There is one, it's called real life. ;)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
See you all at the Defiance 2050 re-launch in a few months where Trion haven't changed any of the content or game play from 2013 but have broken everything into monetizable chunks while making you re-purchase everything, also none of the bugs from 5 years ago were fixed in the closed beta.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

DancingShade posted:

See you all at the Defiance 2050 re-launch in a few months where Trion haven't changed any of the content or game play from 2013 but have broken everything into monetizable chunks while making you re-purchase everything, also none of the bugs from 5 years ago were fixed in the closed beta.

Ahh, the famous "Destiny" Maneuver...

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

So, the new fun thing after the .ini shenanigans is the fact that the auction house is web-based and packets are unencrypted.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Saradiart posted:

So, the new fun thing after the .ini shenanigans is the fact that the auction house is web-based and packets are unencrypted.

BRB stealing everyones money by posting phony auctions.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

Zil posted:

BRB stealing everyones money by posting phony auctions.

You can also post an auction, take it down, and then capture that packet. Spoof that packet over and over to dupe everything to infinity.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So at this rate how long before the payment information db is broken into and leaked?

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

We'll we bought it on steam so probably never.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Someone post in here when this shitshow goes F2P so I can download it and quit after an hour. TIA.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

This, plus everything else about this garbage game makes me depressed.

Trust me, I feel worse! I lost everything a couple of months ago. While I’m still immobile (and friendless, jobless, and family-less) I just need a game I can mash buttons in so I don’t spend, like, all my time drinking. Just most of it.

Bless Online: slightly better than crippling alcoholic depression (maybe?)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

DancingShade posted:

Someone post in here when this shitshow goes F2P so I can download it and quit after an hour. TIA.

This game looks so bad I'm not even gonna check it out @ f2p.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Did this game get removed off Steam again? :laffo:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It never got removed from Steam, what are you talking about?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Schubalts posted:

It never got removed from Steam, what are you talking about?

It definitely did right after launch, and Steam was offering blanket refunds.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
did you confused "removed from steam" with "will refund if asked" again

Raioner
Mar 28, 2006

It was taken off the front page is what I think he's referring to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/blessonline/status/1047893980007079937?s=21

haha

• Locked thread