Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
A wobble? Can you see it while spinning it on the center stand? It's the tire and not the rim I assume? I don't see it from scrolling back whether you took the tire off or anything. Unless the tire is just not seated in the rim properly there could be something weird going on there. Either way be careful with it, you don't want tires or wheels moving around like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I dunno about windex but dish soap should work fine next time. It's kind of impossible to have too much lube when mounting a tire, go nuts with it. Unless there's like standing liquid inside the tire, that might be too much.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I've never seen a brake line that looked sketchy except old ones with cracks and some OEM Triumph ones. I'm not aware that they need to say DOT on them. (I perform state inspections) Any other reasons you're worried about them?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I mean I'd be a bit worried about them because they came from AliExpress yeah. Important safety devices like that, I think it's worth it to know the origin of the part and that it's a company with a reputation to uphold in a developed country where people might sue them if they made bad parts. I wouldn't buy no-name brand helmets or tires, for example. The thing with a brake line is, if it's got a manufacturing flaw affecting its structural integrity, there's probably no way you'd see it. There are cheapo brands out there like Bikemaster and Twin Power and I'd feel more confident with those because they are affiliated with major parts distributors.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
All plugs that aren't NGK plugs are evil plugs, not to be used. The only plugs are NGK plugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
My state doesn't allow riding at night either on a learner's permit. But you can kill yourself on a Busa as fast as you want in the daytime.