Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Don’t buy knockoffs for anything that is unsprung weight, basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Going for a Broppe on my dïrghtbæke later

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

oh is someone in here talking about replacing the speedometer on an 80s japanese bike

Buddy. I love you as only a goon can love a total stranger online, which is kind of not a lot, but...............WHEEEEEEEEENNNNNN

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah its super common and not at all specific to any brand or model. Its just the way things were before speedometers started using stepper motors

Tons of Japanese (and some european) bikes used Nippon Denso and Nippon Seiki gauges back in the day, so many of them are probably the exact same gauge guts, just styled differently per manufacturer. Looks like a ton of motorcycle companies are on the client list for Nippon Seiki https://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/global/products/meter_products/#2r

That doesnt mean it isnt a cool and simple use of some rad physics, because it sure is. Its just not rare or uncommon is all

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 19:16 on May 14, 2020

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can you post a link to that Speedo? I must have missed it somewhere in the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

My state doesn't allow riding at night either on a learner's permit. But you can kill yourself on a Busa as fast as you want in the daytime.

Same, it makes no sense.