Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Now you have more time to get everything together. Or rush the hell out of it because in 3 weeks there'll be a small window where everything will be perfect and in the mid-60's for 4 or 5 days. (maybe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Page 299 OEM replacement switchgear if you can't find a decent set:
http://www.emgo.com/images/pdf/2019general.pdf

I've used both Suzuki OEM and universal replacements from EMGO, they aren't the best, but they are brand new and every experience I've had, they work.
More for even older bikes than what you have, but I've used a universal replacement a few times when the originals can't be found (you should be able to find one)

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
I've endlessly "fixed" an 800$ 1990 GS500. (I can save this screams the man pulling on the mooring line while treading water and the Titanic sinks into the deep below).

I woke up one day and decided I had enough of the POS draining my cash and traded the bike for a rack mount 12 disk NAS. I know I made out ahead in that deal.

As Slavvy said you win some you lose some. I previously rebuilt a 1982 GS450e(another 800$ bike) that ran like a champ, never gave me any issues and was just a hoot to ride for what it was.

I'll get the bug to rebuild another "cheap" bike, and it'll be another huge pile of crap I'll either polish into something nice or dump on someone else.