Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Stupid xbox not allowing digital sales through 3rd parties

I can't get Amazon's 20% off preorder deal unless I opt for the physical disc (ew) which releases in July

This game looks rad and I LOVED jpog so much even despite the jank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Tehan posted:

In the original Jurassic Park book, it's laid out that Hammond is a big fan of perceived authenticity but it's all smoke and mirrors. While he was gathering funding for the park he'd travel around with a genetically engineered elephant the size of a puppy, but was very careful not to reveal its health problems or that it was closer to a housecat in temperament than an elephant.

This became major later on when the scientists really, really wanted to modify the dinosaurs to tone down aggression and cunning, but Hammond nixed it because it would be inauthentic. When said scientists pointed out that the dinosaurs were spliced with the DNA of anything that fit and they couldn't really get less authentic, he'd scowl and start threatening to fire people. Book Hammond was even more of a menace than movie Hammond.

I experimented with having free-roaming Gallimus sharing space with the park guests. Everyone freaked out and ran from them but the Thrill Seekers loved it.

Hammond had a miserable death in the book, too. The kids played TRexRoar.mp3 really loud on the security system and it scared Hammond so badly he rolled down a hill, broke all his bones, and was sloooooooooowly pecked into pieces by little compies

(they gave this death to Peter Stormare in the movie version of Lost World!)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
"Why is there no market for dinosaur theme park games?!" I ask, as I refuse to pay Cheap-Date-for-Two Money for the first one in 15 years

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Same but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucjEy7UhyUU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Speaking of the new movie, it's really really bad and bizarre to imagine it occurring in the same tonal universe as Jurassic Park

It's a condensed retelling of Jurassic Park 2 and 3 at the same time

It's cool and fun and good though, do see it

• Locked thread