Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

My favorite episodes:

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-a-novel-podcast-academia-in-repose-21 - Branson, Andrew, and Felix are pretentious jerkoff literary professors who want to gently caress their (female, of course) TAs. Best part by far is Felix as a scandanavian academic who loves to argue with his father in the nude.

https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-e1-sells-out-30 - The entire episode is nothing but "advertisements," including one for a lawyer specializing in defending war criminals who goes by "The Terre Haute Deagle," and a pill that makes you less* racist called Dolezalin

*more

Half the fun once you've been listening for a while is connecting all the recurring bits of Branson Lore in your head: foraging for mushrooms, the burrito game, ben from cleveland, the hoe test

My current favorite recurring gag is their misconception that barometers measure humidity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

jerk1000 posted:

Probably the funniest podcast I've ever listened to. Each show is the first episode of a fictional podcasthosted by unusual/fringe characters -- the first episode is hosted by pick-up artists, the second episode is hosted by flat earthers, and the third episode is hosted by sports journalists obsessed with the '04 Detroit Pistons. Hosts of the podcasts are played by Twitter personalities Alex Branson and Andrew Hudson, with occasional guest hosts (Felix Biederman of Chapo Trap House being the most well known). Humor is surreal and would probably appeal to goons. Newer episodes are rough, but the first 20 or so episodes are all extremely funny.

My favorite ones are:

1) https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-aphrodites-labyrinth-1. Branson and Andrew play inept pick-up artists. They begin with advice on how to pick up women and later talk about how badly they want to gently caress various cartoon characters.

2) https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-two-weeks-paid-leave-12 Branson, Hudson, and Felix pretend to be cops. They talk about taking pleasure in assaulting minorities and then getting paid vacation as punishment. They talk about their rough lives as Irish cops and the racial prejudice they face every day.

3) https://soundcloud.com/episode-one-868768631/e1-wine-moms-14. Drunk upper-class middle-aged moms disparage their husbands and talk how much they want to gently caress other men, including Elmer Fudd and Seth McFarlane;

These descriptions almost certainly suck. Just listen to the podcast and you'll probably like it.

btw thanks for making this thread, i've been wanting to see one for a while but have been too cowardly to do so myself

PRETTY GOOD!

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Good Tom Groyper posted:

How do we make humans with green skin? How do we make them with pig teeth? How do we make them with pig noses? How do we make little fangs to come out of their mouth? How do we get human beings that are born from the mud? How do I make myself into this?

Dr. Linz Ljubjana's girlfriend, Jessica Farrar, is clearly an (orc) combination of Jesse Farrar and Jessica Rabbit, no I will not give back the Walmart PA mic it's called free speech god damnit

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Howling Man posted:

E1 is really good for how dedicated they can stay in the bit without just chuckling and burning out. Their Indie Gamer PAX episode is a thing of beauty. The show does a thing where it wears me down by going too deep into the joke where I can't keep up.

Terre Haute is where its at

I really enjoy the moments when they can't keep it together and break! And in that vein, probably one of my favorite show moments was when Branson is struggling to pronounce "apotheosis" and Hudson goes "you got it!" out of character.

WBEN, 1488 AM radio

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

North Pole Elf's wife, off mic: ARE YOU DOIN ANOTHER STUPID FUCKIN' PODCAST?!?

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Listened to this today and got my socks knocked clean off. I love this show.

Flat-brimmed hat that says “MR CONDOM”

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Oh hell, all this Dr. Yinz talk reminds me - Episode 20, Wanted Dead or Alive: the Hunt for Dr. Yinz Llubjana - features @dinkmagic aka our forum's very own Wayne Gretzky as a bounty hunter named Shed Shitley. Shed recalls taping a knife to an r/c car and using it to chase Dr. Yinz through austere terrain

edit: also, I think I read somewhere that there's an Episode One wiki? If anyone knows where it is, please link, I'd love to go into a full autistic torpor reading that thing and probably editing it until i get banned

kathmandu fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 3, 2018

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

lol

The D&D campaign on the patreon is pretty incredible, enjoying it a lot

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

I have 10 days of time off to burn by early September. What a blessed timing https://twitter.com/e1podcast/status/1014251596027441152?s=21

Can you smoke orc in Illinois?

I gasped when I saw this post and my fiancee came running across the house thinking something was wrong. Bought three tickets, if anyone else is coming I will see you there! All Hail Dr. Yinz

It's not legal per se, but my understanding is that it's an extremely low enforcement priority for the Chicago Police. I routinely run into floating clouds of weed smoke in Logan Square

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Episode 2 of Debugging the B.R.A.N. 5000 is really good. I just love that we know a bunch of hyper-specific stuff from Alex Branson's slob lifestyle

It’s hard and kind of terrifying to try to figure out where fiction ends and reality begins with all those insanely disgusting habits in the mythos.

One thing about Branson, though - if you followed him on Twitter, every now and then he’d make an earnest post about the at-risk boys he works with professionally... I like that underneath the orcs and the Wendy’s bags is a good ol country boy with a big heart.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

I have an array of 8-12 cans of lovely beer around my feet, it's uncertain which ones are empty and I reach down not knowing the status of any individual can

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Looks like I'm gonna have 1-2 extra tickets for 8/7 due to my friends not being able to make it... anybody want 'em? They're free because I Don't Give A poo poo.

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

The Golden Man posted:

I’ll be there wearing a Mike Bibby Vancouver Grizzlies jersey

Pretty sure I recognized you from your twitter pic, thought about saying hello but realized I don't know your real name and didn't want to say "hi are you dinkmagic"

BTW, everyone: Branson got the Tonsure, he confirmed after the show that yes it is a real haircut he got

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Consummate Professional posted:

You could have bought a lock of his hair for 1k. It was taped to a piece of printer paper he signed

haha I know, he offered it. unfortunately I already had the shirts he was peddling, also I kind of enjoyed being able to say "my wife says I'm not allowed to buy any more podcast t-shirts"

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

fairlight posted:

New D&D 🧝🏿‍♂️😍

Felix has an encyclopedic knowledge of Dumb Guy rhetoric

If they ever get burned out from thinking up new concepts for episodes and want to just record D&D campaigns, I'd be OK with that

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Just got to the Eat Chain episode, they are all hammered and I lost my mind when they started reading the Wendy’s menu out loud

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

peanut- posted:

People spend years crafting comedy routines and it turns out all they needed to do to make me choke with laughter is read out Amazon product descriptions verbatim.

This podcast has a knack for making unlikely things hilarious

I laughed so hard I felt light-headed when they started reading the Wendy’s menu verbatim in the eat chain episode

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Cnidaria posted:

oh yeah the gundam episode is one of my favorites, the commercial break as they are charging up their final attack was amazing

the episode where felix does a knausgaard impression is also great

"my son is wearing jeans with the logo of every single NBA team on them, an NBA generic jersey that says 00 BASKETBALL, and a flat-brim hat that says MR CONDOM"

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

“It’s a very cut-throat, er, slice-penis profession”

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

No Dignity posted:

The rejected premises episode, it starts with 'What if Goku was Bart Simpson's father?' and gets steadily worse from there

Which was the one where Branson starts openly despairing about the premise and they have to talk him back into it?

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

Thinking about the phrase “annoying with a purpose,” it’s such a stroke of genius, it’s like weapons grade uranium of being annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kathmandu
Jul 11, 2004

lol now I’m thinking about the D&D where he’s a crow-man that smokes leather cigarettes