Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Adamant posted:

Do we even need a hint for this? Look at the moss on the trees to find north. Classic navigation trick.

It's a magical forest, my guess is that magic is needed to defeat it. Also, why trust a random dude wandering around with a giant stick? I guess he could have it to defend himself, but there's no one else unfriendly in this part of the maze...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Might as well finish what we started. Don't be a jerk and try to kill him. It's worse to purposely kill in a tournament than it is to strike someone in the back. In fact, isn't a back-strike perfectly legal?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I vote the cliffs as well. The servants aren't stupid, and would probably get in trouble if they let in an intruder.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
It's capable of speech, so it's probably sentient. Just greet it with respect.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I agree baudoin is correct. As for where to go, I vote the twisted temple. I live next to a river that's caught on fire before. It's pretty lovely here.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Well, if you kneel down in a field of cows, they all get curious and come up to see what the hell you're doing. So maybe it doesn't matter who we pray to, as long as we stay in the praying position. Still, we're not looking to hunt the elephants, so the Lady seems logical.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I'm meta gaming here, but if the PoPs don't remember states, would it matter if we skipped the jug and rug?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I admit, I had to look at the hint, but I was trying to solve it in the five minutes before brunch. My guess is that originally there was no hint as to how many of each animal there were, but someone felt it was too difficult that way.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Is walking under a thirteen foot ladder like double unlucky? We should stay clear of underneath that.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
If those are the only choices, I vote for caution. It's dangerous, why be stupid?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
While "tine" is a word, it's unsual enough that it feels unfair, compared to "ripe".Also the first word is "SHOD", not SHOP.

Domus fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 1, 2018

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I wonder why the cat shaman is wearing a zebra mask. It's like if a person went around wearing a mask of a can of spam.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
It's a dumb observation, but I think it's cute the lizardfolk have holes in their saddles for their tails.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Oof. Sending you so far back if you climb the cliffs is pretty brutal, given that it's more logical than jumping. I guess it's kinder than just killing you outright?

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
That better be some drat good cake.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
It's kind of annoying, because if you did this "for real", his name would be on the marriage license.

Edit: Speaking of the authors, they are downright brilliant when it comes to bureaucratic ineptitude. Even if you aren't into tabletop RPGs, it's worth picking up Paranoia just for the writing. For example, there's an adventure where troubleshooters have to guard some important barrels. They're labeled "Petroleum Jelly". Smart folks might think to open one and spread some on the floor, so intruders will slip on it. But whoops, they're slightly mislabeled. They actually contain jellied petroleum. Napalm. Hijinks ensue.

Domus fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 14, 2018

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Well, we were given color hints by a yellow cat, and a wizard in blue robes. That's the only thing I can think of for those colors.

Edit: King Carlon's colors were red and yellow. So maybe yellow is good?

Domus fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 18, 2018

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Oh, oh, we learned that something isn't a fruit. What was it...

Edit: nothing! Nothing is not a fruit. So the hambone and...nothing.

Domus fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
The article is also interesting in retrospect, as internet games have now completely flipped from what they were at the time. It's almost as if they followed his advice. The vast majority of "big" games these days have a dedicated community and are massively multiplayer. There are still solo games, of course, but even ones that are solo player usually try to have an online component.

• Locked thread