Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Nakar posted:

Level One: Beauty & A Beast
We meet a god and are forced to endure poetry, in that order, twice.

Join us next time for what might actually be our first genuinely difficult puzzle unless, you know, you understand basic logic.

We may have the option, but whether it does anything for good or ill remains to be seen. As mentioned, his power won't be any good to us once we're actually in the Castle Perilous.

He's yellow today, as we can clearly see in the picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

ManxomeBromide posted:

Chivalry is why we survived our first encounter with him, before our magic helped us out. We should try to exploit it here.

We can expect only cavalier treatment from his comrades though.

This probably works, but I'm guessing an alternate solution is to use the same Magic word as before. It should work since we're not in the castle yet.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
This puzzle seems questionable. The only way to solve it is to assume that Achmed is really supposed to be making 2 separate statements "I am not a Tredu" and "Dhuja is a Tredu." like all the previous posters are doing, even though in the puzzle it's only one statement equivalent to "I am not a Tredu and Dhuja is" (which leads to 4 possible answers FFTW FWTF WWFT WFWT). Plus the description of the Wahouns is useless unless at least one person is making multiple statements (otherwise why not just say Wahouns can both lie and tell the truth).

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 12, 2018

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
There are 16 total animals, and there are more goats than sheep so there has to be one of 9 goats/7 sheep, 10/6, 11/5, etc. If the distribution was anything other than the first, Gattar would have to have at least 6 goats (in order to have more goats than the cousin by clue 4), and thus at least 7 sheep (clue 3 says he gets more sheep than goats) which is impossible for those combinations.

Therefore there are 9 goats and 7 sheep. Gattar must have at least 5 of the goats and at least 6 sheep by clues 3&4. This leaves a maximum of 1 sheep for the cousin, which is also the minimum by clue 5 meaning its the only possible answer. Gattar has 5 goats and 6 sheep, the cousin has 4 goats and 1 sheep.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Nakar posted:

Level Three: How The Prime Mother Got Her Groove Back
In which we get felt up by a bug, then teach the Prime Mother of the Insectidae how to love again... mostly by reminding her of all the ways she murdered the men she loved before.

Note that I'm not sure whether the last hint means to suggest that the two husbands she's listing are separate; it's not very well-written if so, and I can't offhand recall if that's the case or not.

I took the last hint to just be giving the fifth name and cause of death, without specifying whether they belong to the same or separate husbands, and I was able to solve it.

There are two possible orders given by Clue 1, starting with either decapitated husband or Zziggy. Since Clue 2 says that Zziggy is brown, and Clue 4 says that the first husband wasn't brown, the order is (decapitated, Humm, Zziggy/brown, green, antlions) from first to last. Clue 3 says that Buzz and the one fed to antlions are both yellow; Buzz must be first because the middle three already have names or colors. Clue 5 matches Mmanny with implanting eggs, and only the fourth slot is missing the name and cause of death so that's him.

Adding that information gives (Buzz/decapitated/yellow, Humm, Zziggy/brown, Mmanny/eggs/green, antlions/yellow). Clue 2 says there's another brown husband besides Zziggy that drowned, so that must be Humm. At this point only one name and one cause of death is missing so Clue 6 fills those in to give the final answer of (Buzz/decapitated/yellow, Humm/drowned/brown, Zziggy/strangling/brown, Mmanny/eggs/green, Zzammy/antlions/yellow).

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Andyzero posted:

"The only way to the Moon of Madness is through the Prime Mother's throne room."

...once again, I have to ask, is this how Persephone presumably got there? Is this how ANYBODY ELSE gets there?

It would also appear "the only way" usually involves our magic sword and magic talisman.

We don't know of anyone who's actually gotten this far, do we? We already passed by Persephone's grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

curiousCat posted:

got a link?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3859031

• Locked thread