Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Wait..if only someone with the Talisman/Amulet/Magic Doohicky can go to level 3.....how did the previous people get there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

"The only way to the Moon of Madness is through the Prime Mother's throne room."

...once again, I have to ask, is this how Persephone presumably got there? Is this how ANYBODY ELSE gets there?

It would also appear "the only way" usually involves our magic sword and magic talisman.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

There's also the possibility that Persephone ALSO got the Sword and Talisman. This is all some kind of Eternal Recurrence where everything you did gets reset for the next Candidate to do.

It'd be like if you returned to each POP, it would be as if you never were there. :tinfoil:

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

Are we going to _pay_ Moraziel? Give the beggar your last coin. This game isn't "edgy" enough to make that be a bad decision, and really, that's the path where we're commiting a virtue, not taking an obvious trap bassed on the deadly sins.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

So the Staff gives us power of the Lady, which is growing things, life, earth, etc, but only a mage can turn that power into a weapon.

...we've used elemental magic before, let's do this.

Also, the High Priest is...surprised? that we didn't talk to Moraziel first. But the only way to talk to him is with the Staff. There's definitely some kind of Eternal Return/Recurrence happening here.

Andyzero fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 20, 2018

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

Nakar posted:

"The problem with a blade with a mind of its own," says the Archpriest, "is that it may decide when it shall attack. And when it meets its master--" he makes a curious gesture, as if sheathing a sword he does not carry; and Valterre sheathes itself at your side "--it may choose to side with the victor."

So the Archpriest is Valterre's master. This actually fits with what I was thinking. How could anyone have gotten to Moraziel without Valterre and the the Talisman? The answer...they did not.

Every "Candidate" got Valterre, every candidate got the Talisman. Every Candidate spoke to Insect Queen which is the only way to the Moon of Madness. If you had given up to the Archpriest, then he would have you pretending to have been captured before getting to Moraziel, the way Persephone did.

The POP really did reset every time you left them; this entire thing was to create servants for the Archpriest.

The one difference, the only possible difference, this time was that somehow the Staff of the Lady was able to be used offensively. Perhaps there was some way to bypass Moraziel's shield without it in the previous times.

Or if you REALLY want to be cynical...maybe the Lady is in on it too. She also gets servants from this deal. The Archpriest gets the ones who fail that final test, and the ones who figure how to use the Staff offensively (and what the heck, their friends too) get sent to the Lady's grove where they serve her until the Mad One "forgets about them." (Never)

We'll never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

Pfft. This game was made during PRODIGY. Hell, back in the day, the only good thing about Prodigy was this game. Despite this, I remember using it every day.

I vaguely? remember reading a mystery series on Prodigy about a guy named Abel? (I think). He was a travel agent, and one of those mystery leads where people died or were murdered around him all the time. (Murder She Wrote syndrome) I remember one story's plot has someone thinking he was a hitman because of this.

Edit: Abel Adventures, guy was Tom Abel.

But for the life of me, I can't remember anything else about Prodigy. Heck, I barely remember Madmaze. I don't think I got too far because I never mapped anything, and I would get to POPs where I didn't know what to do. (In my defense, I was 10 years old.)

Andyzero fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jul 23, 2018

• Locked thread