Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
If my basic math skills are right, then Brandisbane got 4/6 and Fenn got 2/18, therefore Brandisbane conquered Middlemark 6 times, whereas Fenn only conquered Norsten twice. I'm fairly certain that's the right answer, but I've just tagged it because it's a basic logic puzzle so this way other people can still try. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I love that the entire poem is a blatant misdirection. You see upfront that he's Yellow after all!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hastily scribbled notes for this one, but it seems super straightforward;

A / B / C / D

T = Always tells the truth
F = Always lie
W = Alternate between truth and lie.

A = I am not T, but D is.
B = I am W, and C is F.
C = 2 are F.
D = 2 are W.

A cannot be T (would be telling truth about NOT being T which is a paradox), and cannot be F (same). Therefore A = W and D is not T.
B cannot be T (as above), but could be F or W.
D cannot be T (as per A) but can be W or F.
C must be T as no one else as can. Therefore B and D are F as two must be F.

Achmed = Wahoun
Bana = Famani
Charoun = Tredu
Dhuja = Famani

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Meeting a Houri at random was super unexpected and implies that the Messenger knight guy is actually for real dead.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

This is a mess, but it should make sense:

R = 3At; 2Te
O = 3M; 2W

SR = BR
AR != JR
TO = JO
BO != AO
Last = TeW

SR = BR therefore At
AR != JR therefore Tamburlane was Tercelid

TO = JO therefore M
BO != AO therefore Saladin was a Warrior

Saladin = Atarri Warrior
Barbarossa = Atarri ???
Tamburlane = Tercelid Merchant
Atilla = ??? ???
Jenghiz = ??? Merchant

One must be Tercelid warrior therefore Jenghiz is Atarri Merchant (Barbarossa is the 3rd Merchant)

Atilla is the Tercelid Warrior

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Pattern recognition is itself a test of Wisdom. It all fits!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

My notes for this are a giant unreadable mess, but my final result was

Alain = Peaks = Electrum
Balparaise/Carnage = Fire = Rubies
Carnage/Balparaise = Ice = Diamonds
Demout = Forest = Gold
Ebert = Plains = Silver

With it being impossible to solve 100% even with the extra hint. Not like it matters, since Ice knows his own drat name so whether he's B or C should be immaterial at that point. :colbert:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

For once, I don't have awful notes because I actually bothered to use a grid due to, well, there being a bunch of categories to keep track of. Once I got about halfway through, I stopped using it in full though since there was an easy and obvious domino effect for who does what via process of elimination to get to that point. In the order I was able to figure things out:

Elves ride Bears, wield Bows and worship The Lady
Humans ride Zebras, wield Swords and worship The Hunter
Saurians ride Pterodactyls, wield Shuriken and worship The Mad One
Insectidae ride Warfrogs, wield Spears and worship The First Cause
(leaves Orcs with Wolves, Clubs and Death)

Weren't asked for the other 3, but they ended up happening as a matter of course.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Not gonna lie, I found this one to be remarkably simple for how late in the game this feels. After the past couple, I was expecting a right nightmare at this point. It looks complex, for sure, but the first clue alone basically tells you the order:

It's oblique, but it makes it so that the order has to be: decapitation, Humm, Zziggy, the only green mate, ant-lion death. The order requirements limit it to either that or minor permutations, but later clues make it impossible for Zziggy to be earlier than 3rd because he's brown and brown can't be first (can't be second because that makes both statements impossible to resolve and the requirement of something between him and the ant-lion death make fourth impossible too). That prevents the Ant-Lion from coming earlier than 5th. After that, it's just a pretty simple matter of checking the boxes and quickly seeing where only one possibility remains which gives us the order.

First was Buzz. He was a Yellow mate and died by being decapitated.
Second came Humm. He was a Brown mate and died by drowning.
Third we have Zziggy. He was the second Brown mate and ended up dying via strangulation.
Fourth comes Mmanny. He was the only Green mate and died via the injection of eggs.
Fifth has to be Zzammy, then. The final Yellow mate who was thrown to the Ant-Lions.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Given that we're meant to be agender, to best suit whatever the player identifies as, but we've been referred to explicitly as "she" during the 3rd maze on more than one occasion, I'm half-expecting some kinda dumb twist where we were secretly Persephone all along or something (or maybe that cairn did something since I noticed it after that point...). It'd arguably make more sense than some of the stuff we've seen around here at least. :v:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Zandar posted:

Obviously all names on the Moon of Madness must have the letters MAD in them, as seen in Nadia Thimbatool. Since Throckmorton only has M, its first name must have A and D, which means that the only possible name out of the choices given is Beadle. This cannot possibly be wrong.

Sounds plausible enough to me!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

The Blue was fantastic and not at all where I expected that to be going at that point. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'd say something more important for a VN is that there are visuals, personally. :v:

You have the maze, which can be excised and nothing would be lost, and like a tiny number of images that appear a couple times each but only like once per POP and almost all text is isolated and its just... text. And more text. And then even more text.

• Locked thread