Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
The first level was already such a fun read, can't wait for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I always like and sucked in these logic puzzles.

Anyway, it cannot be A because in the first day B and C would be forced to used a bow = a contradiction as B and C cannot use a bow at the same time.

It cannot be C because in the second day B cannot use either weapon = a contradiction as any guy must use one weapon at any day.

Therefore it must be B.

Palladium fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 9, 2018

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Iunnrais posted:

The writer really knows how to sell that place as not-good. Ick.

The wonder of text-based games is your own imagination can sometimes work better than seeing explicit visuals.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

whitehelm posted:

This puzzle seems questionable. The only way to solve it is to assume that Achmed is really supposed to be making 2 separate statements "I am not a Tredu" and "Dhuja is a Tredu." like all the previous posters are doing, even though in the puzzle it's only one statement equivalent to "I am not a Tredu and Dhuja is" (which leads to 4 possible answers FFTW FWTF WWFT WFWT). Plus the description of the Wahouns is useless unless at least one person is making multiple statements (otherwise why not just say Wahouns can both lie and tell the truth).

How I solved it: Realizing the crux of the problem is that only A and B are allowed to be potentially Wahoun because they make two statements each, and by extension C and D cannot be Wahoun, additionally one of them must be a Tredu and the other a Famani because their statements directly contradict each other.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
I was fully expecting a Layton-esque troll puzzle for the ladders. Oh well.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
If I read this correctly, we can cross each geyser at a time then wait for the next one to blow before crossing it right?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

What's not clear to me is, how did we know what order the geysers were in? Assigning timings to names is one thing, but assigning names to the order they're encountered in is another.

It's already been mentioned in the clues: The three individual geyser combinations given to us must overlap because there is only five of them, and only one of the two possibilities to arrange them is correct.

It is a clever logic puzzle, just that the context for it makes no sense whatsoever. I mean what is there is to stop us from crossing any of the geysers ASAP after they blow up since there is at least a minute of a safe window without convenient narrative bullshit happening to prevent us so.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
So the tailsman is just the writer trolling us when he feels like it.

Using Time can also freeze everyone but the fire while the magic also reverts you back to a time where you had never been born, and it will make just as much nonsense as the other bad choices.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Like before, we are limited to only to just two candidate solutions because there are only two possible ways to fit the Spears + First cause and Clubs + Death constraint in a grid. The incorrect solution will lead to Insects paired with Death which is not allowed, leaving the only correct solution:

1. Saurians -> Pterodactyl -> Shuriken -> Mad One
2. Insectoids -> Warfrogs -> Spears -> First Cause
3. Humans -> Zebras -> Swords -> Hunter
4. Elves -> Bears -> Bows -> Lady
5. Orcs -> Wolves -> Clubs -> Death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mad Jaqk posted:

There's also the article, linked the OP, where Greg Costikyan says that the game sucks, though that's more because it doesn't justify being online.

It's clear he wrote that in an age where online video game toxic infantilism was fringe at worst instead being so depressingly mainstream like today. Surely he should have an aneurysm seeing it by now?

• Locked thread