Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I'm getting the same answers as the other posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

Others have pointed out the historical use of the word, but there are modern uses: hymns. Both old ones, and new ones written to sound old (which is weird but happens). Also, the King James Version of the Bible, which lots of people still insist on using despite it being objectively terrible.

Hey, I never said they were good uses.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

For what it's worth, I'm getting the same answers as everyone else.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

HardDiskD posted:

I'm pretty sure anyone that can create a NAPLPS emulator or parser can add in artificial delays.

I was thinking that, too. Yesterday I even went as far as looking up a description of the protocol before remembering I already have too many interesting projects I'm working on.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

HardDiskD posted:

I did that too! I thought it was bit too complicated for me though. :(

You know, it only now occurred to me now to search github. There are two existing projects. One has a few moving pieces and uses a software tool from the era, but seems well documented. The other looks like it writes straight to web browser if you have a file in the NAPLPS format. Sample page provided by author: https://n1ckfg.github.io/Telidon/

• Locked thread