Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

DGM_2 posted:

The right answer is to try everything except daring him to jump down the well, falling back on that only when all else has failed.

Reason: this will maximize the amount of horrible, needless death we suffer.

I'm convinced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm joining the consensus for 'when being a pretentious squink' too, because nobody we've met so far in this setting has talked like that and because squink is a fun word to say.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Why is nobody asking this voice why he doesn't know what he is? Poor thing doesn't know what colour or species he is. And you'd think by the time he learns speech he's figured out his diet...

(this is why I am terrible with logic puzzles)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It's a test of good manners, obviously. Jump, but insist that he goes first.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Oh joy.

Let's see.

Achmed cannot be a Tredu, since if he were he'd be lying about it and they don't lie, so at least half his statement is true. Therefore he can't be a Famani either. Achmed is therefore a Wahoun and therefore the second part of his statement is false.

This means Dhuja is not a Tredu. We don't know if his statement is true or not; he is either Famani or Wahoun.

If Dhuja is a Wahoun then Bana's statement is a lie, making Bana a Famani (since there are a maximum of two Wahoun) and thus making Charoun NOT a Famani. If so, Charoun cannot be telling the truth about there being two Famani, so he can't be a Tredu, but we already have two Wahoun. So this is wrong.

Therefore Dhuja must be a Famani, and there is only one Wahoun. This means half of Bana's statement is wrong, and since there is only one Wahoun then both halves must be a lie; he must also be Famani.

This means Charoun is telling the truth and is therefore Tredu.

Achmed = Wahoun, Bana = Famani, Charoun = Tredu, Dhuja = Famani.

And all four of them need to get a life and stop holding a snake's eggs hostage for shits and giggles.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Nakar posted:

And yes, "Evil Vizier" is capitalized. I presume that's his official job title.

It's redundant, all viziers are evil.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I scrolled back up for the hint the second I saw what type of puzzle it is. I hate these things.

Gattar will get more goats than his cousin, so he'll get at least five of the nine. He'll get more sheep than goats, so at least six sheep.

There are only seven sheep and his cousin gets at least one.

Gattar gets five goats and six sheep. His cousin gets four goats and one sheep.

Doesn't seem like fair distribution to me, but there you go. Nice and easy with the hint.

As for whether it's possible to solve without the hint, I assume so but you might end up with multiple possible answers and have to brute-force to check which one is right.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm disappointed there wasn't either a different death screen or something returning us to the questions for the 'To Seek The Grail' answer. Why use the joke if you're not going to run with it as far as humanly possible?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

How can we possibly choose a drink without knowing what we'll be pairing it with? :colbert:

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I still maintain the drinks thing is impossible, since I'm a snob, but apparently Chateau d'Alfar is the finest in the world.

There are nine gods but the answer the mask wants to hear is one.

As for the last, we're possibly meant to use that odd diagram from the burning river and then apply Pythagoras, but I think it's just trying to make us confuse ourselves. The base of the tunnel is 8 feet off the ground, so we just need a ladder a little bit longer than 8 feet. The exact amount doesn't matter, if it's longer it'll just have a shallower slope up to the tunnel.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm glad I'm not the only one who couldn't work this out. I feel slightly less dumb.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'll take the metaphorical bullet by going for the obvious water, just to see how entertaining the resulting death is.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I eventually got to the same answer as Straight White Shark, though I won't say how long it took me.

This puzzle is bad, but also makes more sense narratively than the similar (albeit less complicated) ones we've seen before. Dragons are immortal and don't have much else to do, of course they develop ridiculously complex riddles, and of course they're assholes about it. Far more plausible than humans who ought to be too busy for this sort of nonsense.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

ManxomeBromide posted:

We've now reached the Captain Carrot Inflection Point. Predators leap out of the foliage and greet us with "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else."

Does the Sword of Valterre go ting?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

This update is amazing. :allears:

Definitely my favourite so far.

Nakar posted:

Off we go to the castle of a wizard to steal chocolate cake so a roach-car hybrid can help us chase a skittish floating city.

:allears: Gotta hand it to this game, that is definitely mad.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Sleep deprived and making multiple grids in a heatwave. I can't really explain my reasoning because I'm only half-following it myself, but this is what I ended up with:

First husband, Buzz, yellow, decapitated.

Second husband, Humm, brown, drowned.

Third, Zziggy, brown, strangled.

Fourth, Mmanny, green, the egg-implanting thing.

Fifth, Zzammy, yellow, fed to ant-lions.

I'm probably overlooking something that means this is completely wrong, but I don't care.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...'prominent nose'? Dude has a claw for a face. (Which is... not good, since his language suggests he's Jewish.)

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I eventually got the same answer as kw0134. Though the notion of this actually being viable military intel that commanders are expected to act on is... actually not all that implausible these days but utterly horrifying. Much like that, uh, centaur I guess?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Nakar posted:

And then the entire game starts over. No joke.

That is wonderful :allears:

Also props to Iggy for not only casting a spell but casting a useful one. Chicken soup is good for the soul.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Weren't we a simple peasant lad/ladette from a flyspeck village originally? How the gently caress have we even heard of base six, let alone know how to figure stuff out in it?

...how do we know what bananas smell like, come to that? Was Weith or wherever known for its plantations? I suppose we've been through various exotic markets etc., but even so.

...and chocolate cake. And I'll shut up now.

my immersion!

truly we are all mad

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Nakar posted:

And who is its biggest hater?

Plot twist, it was you all along! :aaa:

Good ending, though it's a shame the obvious sequel hook was never followed up. Thanks for a great LP, I'll look forward to the final thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Nakar posted:

It's a Visual Novel. Prove me wrong. :colbert:

The visuals suck. It's just a novel. :v:

Thanks again for showing it to us, though. Experiencing it like this was fun, even if actually playing it wouldn't be.

• Locked thread