Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

^^ i definitely 'played' that. I was all over Encarta back in the day. I'm glad I live in the hypertext era, so much better than paging to one of the articles listed as related in meatspace encyclopedias

HardDiskD posted:

I guess Saladin is an Arab.

he was Kurdish fwiw

I forget if I've posted in here yet, either way I guess I wanna thank the op for showing us gaming history, and it's a fun game to walk along with, to add a little more meat to this pedantic post

there was also another Barbarossa who was like a pirate captain for the Ottomans, I think he was ethnic Albanian. just to complicate things a little more

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

something about pterodactyl-riding insects attacking an apparently crossbow-armed airship feels like a real missed opportunity for a standard trope. all these years, and has this theme been revisited? maybe it has

i guess the insects might be the good guys this time???

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

thanks for walking us through that game, i enjoyed it. this kind of LP is good history writing

pretty cool from iggy's perspective that he gets taken on a wild ride and now he gets to hang out in Witness Protection Heaven for... ever?

• Locked thread