Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

I love ODD but don't get to play much as there are no local games and Roll20 is hit or miss, more miss actually. Are there any good modules/Adventures for 2 people? I know it's a difficult way to play but it's the only option right now.

Not to turn this into a Let's Play thread, is anyone running any Skype games that needs another player? I'm interested in 1E and earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna
May 31, 2001

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I've been trying like hell to be a player in a game but my schedule is hard to work around and I'm thinking of just accepting my forever-DM role and running something here - I'll let you know? It'd definitely be, uhh, moose head style with either labyrinth lord(BX/1e) or shadow of the demon lord. (Which I think actually fits the OSR ethos well despite not being a retroclone and having more complex character building.)

I've played LL before but not shadow of the demon lord, although it looks interesting. Not sure what moose head style is.

Luna
May 31, 2001

Pham Nuwen posted:

With a horrifying crunching noise, your hand is severed at the wrist!

You can gently caress that sky high!

Luna
May 31, 2001

remusclaw posted:

Late, but as someone who was into this stuff a while back, LL's reason for this was that apparently there was whole generation of players who came in through basic and "graduated" to AD&D who just sort of kept playing BX rules games with stuff from the advanced system tacked onto it. So that supplement is pretty much a bunch of usable AD&D stuff for your BX game.

Yea, I was playing B/X when Advanced came out. We used it as an extension to B/X. We mostly pulled the classes from Advanced and continued using the B/X rules.

Luna
May 31, 2001

Looking for a recommendation. I have some family coming to visit for a week and am looking for things to do as a group. Board games is an obvious answer but I would like to try to DM a short D&D game. There are a couple that have or do play D&D so I'm not totally in the weeds with beginners. I'm looking for a module that is relatively short and moves at a good pace and would somewhat match the progress of a board game. Being absurd or humorous is a big plus as I need to get in some "your mom" jokes. I know that modules run longer than typical board games and that is OK but looking for something with a similar feel. I want to do B/X for the simplicity of the game and I have all the need books/resources. Age group is early 20s to mid 50s so I don't need to worry about turning children out for Satan.

Luna
May 31, 2001

This costs 2.99 but is a very small dungeon with a guy in the starting location who tells you to cook him something unique or die. The dungeon is full of weird ingredients:
https://roll4tarrasque.itch.io/baktos-terrifying-cuisine

This is perfect, thank you.

Luna
May 31, 2001

oh man, please tell us how this goes, it looks pretty fun to me but I haven't run it

Will do, it's not until October so it's going to be a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna
May 31, 2001

Another recommendation request. Are there any play podcast or dramas related to ODD, B/X etc? Preferably ones that may include the B/X series modules. I have found podcast for more recent versions of D&D. Thanking you.