Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
note: melania died on the way back to her home planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
hosed up that melania was q the whole time

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

yeah i have to say the "melania looking like she wants to die" and "melania recoiling in cold terror when the donald tries to hold her hand" genre that is omg so funny on twitter, is not funny at all, and actually quite disturbing!

yes, it is real hosed up. Trump is a monster.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

yeah i have to say the "melania looking like she wants to die" and "melania recoiling in cold terror when the donald tries to hold her hand" genre that is omg so funny on twitter, is not funny at all, and actually quite disturbing!

trouble in paradise lmao
[
but seriously folks we're paying millions in taxes just to protect this gold digging bitch am i right #resistance

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Let’s not forget that Melania sued the pants off a LaRouche cadre nobody would take seriously, on grounds that he damaged her prospects of capitalizing on first ladyship

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

it's a bad meme that i hate a lot!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Melania suing LaRouchites makes her extremely cool.

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
My theory is a super botched plastic surgery with teump remarrying the literal whore of babylon toward the end of his second term.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Melania suing LaRouchites makes her extremely cool.
No sorry, to be cool you have to publicly threaten to punch one in the face like mrs kissinger did, rather than whining in court about your hypothetical lost deals

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
If you ever get the chance to insult a larouche activist, tell him to stick a square up his rear end and double it

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

My theory is a super botched plastic surgery with teump remarrying the literal whore of babylon toward the end of his second term.

Complications from plastic surgery is my boring, not at all salacious guess. She'll pop up again when the scars/swelling heal, the WH will pretend nothing was amiss, and the access journos will pretend her cheekbones or lips don't look the least bit different.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
its just so bizarre. just when i thought this administration couldn't get weirder the first lady disappears

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I bet she got hella laid since she ditched the T daddy.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Eox posted:

hosed up that melania was q the whole time

so youre saying she's gone because she's busy investigating fighting tournaments wearing a trench coat and metal mask

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I bet Melanie could beat Frank Dux at the Kumite with knockout kicks faster than 75 mph.

Bip Roberts has issued a correction as of 06:39 on May 29, 2018

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Melanin was a ghost the entire time

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Hard at work for the Jeb! 2020 campaign!

Cuck Yeah!

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
Hysterectomy.

Changing my vote from suicide to hysterectomy. Min recovery time is 2 weeks, subject matter is touchy enough to let her wait and announce it once recovered.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is there precedent for a first lady/gentleman, either in the US or elsewhere, quitting voluntarily? What would the procedure even be in that sort of situation?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

univbee posted:

Is there precedent for a first lady/gentleman, either in the US or elsewhere, quitting voluntarily? What would the procedure even be in that sort of situation?

Until Ladybird Johnson it wasn't common for First Ladies to be public figures at all. They just oversaw the throwing of parties for fancy people at the White House. So Melania is really going back to the norm by never being seen in public. Also by being beaten by her husband

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

univbee posted:

no american president has been divorced while in office, no

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
this was when melania decided to do the divorce btw

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zeal posted:

I'm not even saying divorce, I'm just saying what if they decide they hate the work and having put their prior life on hold for it and peacing out on "amicable" terms. I mean do first ladies even contribute much to the election side of things, really? I could easily see someone at least once historically getting somewhat railroaded into the role through no real fault of their own just because they're married to someone who won a major election, grinning and bearing it for a while and then deciding "man, gently caress this job" and quitting.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

univbee posted:

I'm not even saying divorce, I'm just saying what if they decide they hate the work and having put their prior life on hold for it and peacing out on "amicable" terms. I mean do first ladies even contribute much to the election side of things, really? I could easily see someone at least once historically getting somewhat railroaded into the role through no real fault of their own just because they're married to someone who won a major election, grinning and bearing it for a while and then deciding "man, gently caress this job" and quitting.

well, there's only been so many decades where women at the economic level wives of presidents tend to come from did anything resembling work, or even when it's been socially acceptable for such. they went from 'lady of the house' in that cloying Victorian sense of the term to 'Lady of the White House.' Like Guy Goodbody said until relatively recently there's not been much to the role other than being married to the president and organizing social events at the white house. even in just the last few decades not many first ladies have been professionals in jobs or fields unrelated to their husband's thing. HIllary and Michelle are the main examples of first ladies who had their own professional lives: Hillary ran her policy shop to mixed results; Michelle, who was if anything a more successful professional than Obama outside of politics, sublimated all that entirely for her healthy school lunch campaigns etc.

So again, no, no precedent I can think of for a first spouse dipping out of the ceremonial side of the job. In fact, when widower presidents have lacked a living spouse usually one of their daughters or other female relation takes on the role of First Lady to preside at/organize the White House social life.

Congrats to Ivanka on going from Shadow First Lady to the real deal btw

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Trump wanted to be president so it wouldn't be weird for his daughter to be seen as his wife

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

zeal posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPhylYXsNX8&t=59s

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

zeal posted:

Congrats to Ivanka on going from Shadow First Lady to the real deal btw

Got to scratch out "Melania" and put "Ivanka" on all of the future first lady cheques.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the best first lady remains florence harding for appointing a homeopathic white house physician who misdiagnosed warren g. harding's heart condition which ended in :rip:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

the best first lady remains florence harding for appointing a homeopathic white house physician who misdiagnosed warren g. harding's heart condition which ended in :rip:

Warren G harding's gently caress notes

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Guy Goodbody posted:

Until Ladybird Johnson it wasn't common for First Ladies to be public figures at all.

lady bird johnson succeeded jackie kennedy so unless you mean "public figure" in the sense of "has a political agenda" this isn't super accurate

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Well that's a good way for a first lady to quit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

R. Guyovich posted:

lady bird johnson succeeded jackie kennedy so unless you mean "public figure" in the sense of "has a political agenda" this isn't super accurate

OK, fair enough, it wasn't common for First Ladies to be public figures except as famous dress-wearers

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

so everyone agrees it’s because Donny beat the hell out of her right?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I think she fell into a vortex I hope she's safe

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

so everyone agrees it’s because Donny beat the hell out of her right?

If it is, the secret service agents who knew about it are going to have a rough time when that nugget becomes public.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

univbee posted:

If it is, the secret service agents who knew about it are going to have a rough time when that nugget becomes public.

Secret Service agents seeing the President beat the First Lady has gotta be some I, Robot-style conflicting primary directives poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's impossible for me to believe the president is capable of any physical exertion, let alone being able to beat his wife.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Secret Service agents seeing the President beat the First Lady has gotta be some I, Robot-style conflicting primary directives poo poo

Just ask any agent who worked pre-Clinton, guaranteed they saw some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's impossible for me to believe the president is capable of any physical exertion, let alone being able to beat his wife.
I believe the president is incapable of any physical exertion, except beating his wife.

• Locked thread