Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Wait did Bryan Colangelos wife pretend to be a gay man named Jacob to talk about how hot her husband is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wait did Bryan Colangelos wife pretend to be a gay man named Jacob to talk about how hot her husband is

Referring to

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

My wife needs to get her game up

Yeah holy poo poo what a babe, I would like a wife to troll for me

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I’m thinking some of these could be a minority owner as well

George Washington being involved with the 76ers would make a lot of sense

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Does "Find A New Slant" mean something in Italian? Was she going for "Angle," but missed the translation?

Slant is pretty commonly used as a substitute for "biased opinion," innit?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Funniest timeline has been altered to include Colangelo divorcing his wife to prove his loyalty

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

workin' on my wife tweets

My Wife Story

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

Changed into a “where’s Eric jr” shirt lmao

You are hiding a child

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AsInHowe posted:

What does 91 stand for?

Last 2 numbers of his wife's phone number, which was connected to 3 of the burner twitter accounts

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spoke Lee posted:

This is agonizing.

It's probably worth taking an extra few days to figure out how you can get rid of the guy without having to pay him all of the money on his contract but it sure has been a long time

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
It's up to Sacramento to determine the next phase of the Tatum trade, what a rush

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lmao this was inevitable

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Radio saying announcement between 2-4 pm

:pray:

There can't possibly be any outcome other than him getting fired

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

I hope they bring charts in to diagram who made what tweets. I want them to true detective this poo poo.

Wouldn't mind Mac and Dennis squaring off about it like they did about god and science in the cereal episode

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If the ownership decides not to fire him then the real problem is the ownership in the first place, eh? holy heck

e: Sounds like Jerry is really trying hard

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's still gone

Yeah I won't believe that he's staying until I see something Official (tm)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I've got a whole lot of bridges for the Sixers ownership and none of them are named Miles

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm an avid follower of the lol @ Trump thread, but I don't know why it keeps crossing streams with Philly sports threads.

Because Pennsylvania voted for Trump!!!! BWahah

I know Philly voted for Hilary relax

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I still think he's getting fired. It's too crazy otherwise

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont know why im invested in this but i am please fire him

What kind of poo poo is this? WHat happened to you? CHEER FOR CHAOS

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

I am with you but today was the first day I started feeling real doubt. At first I thought they were trying to stretch this out to see if it would blow over or they could stretch it out but then when they realized they couldn't they'd fire him. Now I'm just hoping Silver didn't want them to release big news on the day of a finals game or that they are trying to give him a way to resign and blame it all on his wife or something I don't know

Yeah I was 100% sure this morning but I'm now like 95% sure, which is still baffling

Ghost Dog posted:

i just want a rich rear end in a top hat who owes everything in life to his birth(but i repeat myself) to get like, any kind of consequence no matter how minor in trumps america. i just want evil to take the tiniest of L's cause i know it never truly loses anything but the little ones where some jackass product of nepotism mother fucker doing something blatantly worthy of being fired gets his slap on the wrist instead of stone nothing

I view it like the evil Philly fanbase gets punished more than anyone... they're so evil

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

im gonna repost that post you made to bwv at you !!! :hmmyes:

That's not comparable, this is schadenfreude of the purest vintage so try again

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

There is no need to. :clint:

Ok Obi Wan

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How could they even have a meeting between him and Embiid. Or even a phone call. Are they just supposed to pretend that nothing happened?

Technically weirder relationships have worked, look at what Gilbert did and Lebron "forgave" him but it took years

Fultz and Embiid probably would like to punch him in the face right now

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Please rename this thread to Oh Kermit tea

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Oh Kermit tea, Oh Kermit tea
How lovely are thy burners
Oh Kermit tea, oh Kermit tea
Now you may only sign Evan Turners

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Simmons should love the tweets

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Selfishly yeah. I see what you are saying.

But if he cares about his friends no.

Lockback posted:

I was going to make a similar joke, but realistically this puts Simmons in a lovely position if he actually does want to be a leader on the team.

Aaha yea but you know deep down he's not all that mad

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Even if they fire him now they've done some short term damage image-wise in taking so goddamn long to do so, how braindead are these owners

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

Firing people is hard and they are likely trying to get out of his contract. There are a lot of legal things that have to be done for that to happen so it makes sense to me.

I agree somewhat but FA is nearly here and it's also probably the most important FA that Philly has had in a long time, maybe ever. It would behoove them to get this done quicker. I didn't think he'd be fired the day after the report or anything but if extending this situation by trying to recoup his contract money leads to people like LeBron taking the team less seriously it's not worth it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

My big theory is that the NBA is actively pressuring them to not announce it until after the finals are over (which is dumb as hell) because they dont want the news overshadowing/interfering with the finals. This is obviously :tinfoil: but it would explain why there was a leaked press conference yesterday that never happened.

That's not all that outlandish considering Silver's previous meddling with the Sixers combined with the report that came out saying he was annoyed with the Colangelo saga overshadowing game 2. They'll only have to postpone it one more game so

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Congratulations on never getting hired again Bryan Colangelo

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

David Griffin has to be in consideration for the job, it just makes so much sense.

This is all leading up to Lebron joining the Sixers and breaking his foot

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

So the saga is not quite over. Beautiful

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Stevie Lee posted:

I wonder how his wife feels

Probably rich and aloof

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Every now and then I think of "somehow gay (as I am)" and I struggle to not legitimately lol every time.

I seriously can't imagine a greater act of love than a wife creating a fake forum account to act like a gay man named Jacob who thinks her husband is hot

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Fast Luck posted:

yeah I agree he'll move on after the contract ends. I just like the idea of him being involved w/ the burners but being "off-limits" for the investigators while nonchalantly leaving the Vic Jr. account public and issuing threats and attempting power plays to protect his son. drat what a badass.

Jerry's going to try to take a flamethrower to everything in the office before he leaves

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Fast Luck posted:

My brother is a big process truster and Hinkie loyalist and he really wanted the Sixers to lock up Noel instead of giving him away for nothing. In retrospect that seems unbelievable but I think there was a pretty big contingent of Sixers fans feeling that way at the time. Colangelo locked up Embiid and Covington and saved them from that Noel mistake, did a nice job adding JJ, would've gotten rid of Jah (Hinkie's mistake!!) sooner if he hadn't failed a secret physical. drat what if Colangelo was actually good, is my new contrarian take

He did some good stuff and some bad stuff (Okafor situation was ... inexpertly handled) but he was good enough to presumably have held onto a pretty prestigious current GM job had this freak show of a story not came out. However nobody seemed to have liked him anyways

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Noel ate a hot dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

How many times in the history of the NBA is a player eating a hot dog the most notable part of their season?

The answer is not enough times in my humble opinion

Hopefully the Knicks get involved in a hot dog scandal so I can start calling their future star "Franks" Ntilikina

• Locked thread