Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

My fav part about this game is that these double battles always have wind blowing into both trainers' direction so that their coats and hair flap dramatically in the breeze :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Also IIRC Espeon's Return does max damage because its affection towards you is maxed out from the beginning.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm gonna say 25. The next game improves the mechanics a lot and this game isn't that bad about snagging pokemon outside of the bullshit you need to do in the endgame. Especially if you use the pokeball glitch.

I mean unless you do something nutty like try to snag that one boss pokemon without the Master Ball in XD in which case :stonklol:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Seriously? Y'all found XD to be harder for snagging?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

God I forgot how repetitive the dungeons are in this game.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fionordequester posted:

Oh, it gets worse. At least, if you're Japanese...

...she shows her bellybutton? oh no my virgin eyes.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh yeah, here we loving go boyyyzzzz

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Your odds of hitting a 4% chance in 5 or fewer tries is like 18%. It's not that unlikely.

They'd be wise to give you better odds than that, because it leads to a really bad experience if you get unlucky, but that's true of the main series too, so who knows.

It just really sucks for battles like this because going through Earthquake Crew every time really sucks and drains your resources.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Saladin Rising posted:

E: Huh, isn't that only 5 Pokemon? Even with Raikou I don't think I'd feel safe attempting zones 7 and 8 with only 5 Pokemon.

Pokemon you snag go into your party. We're about to face the main villains so...

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

rannum posted:

By the way, are you hard up for cash or something? I don't remember needing to be so conservative with cash that I had so few pokeballs & healing items.

Healing items can be a surprising drain on your cash and OP blew his on revive herbs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly Master Ball glitch + losing is a prostrat here. This poo poo is just mean.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Extremely agree. Also yeah, good call OP.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I honestly don't even understand the appeal of Celebi. It's not even all that good of a legendary form what I can see.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I will be very surprised if you get more resets in XD than you did in Col.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

While XD is objectively a better game, Wes is objectively the better protagonist.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Eh I wouldn't be so quick to say that about Shadow moves in this game. We're not out of the gate yet after all. There are a few that put Shadow Rush to shame.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nope. Thankfully the gauge only goes down.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Cause it will not become a Tyranitar in this game, you will probably finish it first, unless you grind.

Says you OP! My boy evolved in the second-last area, just in time for the final level.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I can't hate on Willie or that sick loving coffee shop. Rock on, my dude.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

...alright I'm out of things to do, so make sure you've got plenty of items and balls, because I won't be making any return trips

That's quite impressive OP!

Also I wanna say that the fake floor room is where my Pupitar evolved into a Tyranitar. As well, I swear by Shadow End.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I hacked 99 rare candies into my Emerald and got Lugia to learn Aeroblast then transferred it back. Its animation is pretty disappointing though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually much prefer the mechanics of XD's Shadow Pokemon as the ones in XD felt like a one note gimmick. I think I honestly like how Shadows don't mesh with reg teams to show how messed up they are, which is what makes villains like Greevil all the more harrowing to fight.

But yeah it seems like they fixed a lot of XD's issues but broke things that were done well.

Also I miss Wes and his cool-rear end bike. Michael would never blow up a hideout, steal his snag machine, ride away in a hoverbike and then blow it up again (without looking at the explosion, natch).

quote:

Nascour looks so tsundere

• Locked thread