Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Real hurthling! posted:

Detroit lets you kill hundreds of cops ftw

*perks up Vince McMahon style*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Expect My Mom posted:

yes, of course there's no ethical consumption under capitalism, but let's keep this on media

there's an infinite amount of books, music, movies, art, games out there that i'll never be able to enjoy in my short life, so choosing not to separate the art from the artists and supporting good, worthy creators is really easy imo and not people who have tried to silence the press about how bad they are

this isn't to say you can't enjoy problematic media, i know certainly enjoy some, but there's gotta be a line somewhere. if we hold no one's feet to the fire even just personally, then whats the loving point

But by telling people not to buy the game because of the director, you're telling people not to support the hundreds of other artists that worked their asses off for 5 years making the game. Deciding to buy the game does not deposit $60 directly into David Cage's bank account.

Anyway I don't think this argument ever goes anywhere because I basically agree with you, in a broad sense. There are a lot of people whose work I avoid because they're creeps, but I don't think it's helpful to make people feel bad about their decisions. :shrug:

Taintrunner posted:

man you really keep digging this hole

i'm not the one who ever brings it up. i was talking about the game Detroit and how the game, Detroit, is incredibly good. it's not really my fault if goons are unable to stop beating the dead horses of "but the game must be bad because DAVID CAAAAAAAGE"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

precision posted:

But by telling people not to buy the game because of the director, you're telling people not to support the hundreds of other artists that worked their asses off for 5 years making the game. Deciding to buy the game does not deposit $60 directly into David Cage's bank account.

Anyway I don't think this argument ever goes anywhere because I basically agree with you, in a broad sense. There are a lot of people whose work I avoid because they're creeps, but I don't think it's helpful to make people feel bad about their decisions. :shrug:
I don't think posting online to a thread of like 200 people is going to kill Quantic Dream, but also if the allegations that it's an overworked, racist, sexist overworked environment are even half true, I can't support it and I have to ask people to do the same.

Sorry if it felt I was gunning for you specifically, like what you like and go with the Goddess in harmony, but the discussion in the last thread of people trying to sell each other on buying it just killed me, like whaaaaaat are yall doooooing???? what is that???? stop!!! poo poo!!!

again I tried not to quote anyone, but sorry if I blew up your spot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
nah it's all good. like, i'm an artist myself, and i have made some pretty lovely art, but i have also made some less lovely art, and anytime a conversation trends toward "i haven't played this game, but i'm going to tell everyone how bad it is anyway" i can end up taking it out on anyone who's posting at the same time, even though you personally weren't doing that.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

precision posted:

i'm not the one who ever brings it up. i was talking about the game Detroit and how the game, Detroit, is incredibly good. it's not really my fault if goons are unable to stop beating the dead horses of "but the game must be bad because DAVID CAAAAAAAGE"
holy lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who died and made Glam Rock thread king

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

They've been posting it for a while?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

100 chat threads parachute onto a forum...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
100 horses walk into a bar and the bartender says "hey why the long faces"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm so sick of being on a "diet". I haven't eaten anything other than breakfast and dinner for over two weeks now. I bought avocados at the store to make guac but when the gently caress am I supposed to even eat it? Its just extra calories I don't need. I miss food.

For actual game chat I don't think I've even played anything other than DoW II in over a month now. Was gonna be playing Dark Souls but that didn't pan out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm so sick of being on a "diet". I haven't eaten anything other than breakfast and dinner for over two weeks now. I bought avocados at the store to make guac but when the gently caress am I supposed to even eat it? Its just extra calories I don't need. I miss food.

For actual game chat I don't think I've even played anything other than DoW II in over a month now. Was gonna be playing Dark Souls but that didn't pan out.

Your diet sounds terrible

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My lifehack advice would be to become a marathon runner and eat 3,500 calories a day.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just eat nothing and am disgusted by food you should try it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Andrast posted:

Your diet sounds terrible

It probably is because I'm not following any formal diet and am just sticking with the general advice of "eat less idiot". But I can never do all those strict diets where you have to eat specific poo poo and count every single calorie because it drives me crazy.

Help Im Alive posted:

I just eat nothing and am disgusted by food you should try it

But food is so delicious.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's not hard at all to count calories nowadays and people who refuse to do it end up spinning their wheels forever because wouldn't you know it, human beings are notoriously terrible at guesstimating how much food they actually eat. My simple advice would be to start an account on myfitnesspal or any other number of online nutrition databases and buy a $5 digital food scale, it will literally change your life once you start tracking your diet religiously and gaining a rational perspective on how much food goes into what.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I would like to take this post back. At the time I was tired and grumpy, and now I’m just tired. These threads’ opening posts are good and useful, and I’m glad someone is taking the time to make them!

That said,
No poll, no soul imo

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
probably gonna get Cross Tag this month

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Well, I just got done spending the last few days recalibrating my homebrew D&D campaign to 5e so I can run it for some irl friends. Now I have to learn how to build/design encounters and nab the monster manual.

Sefal posted:

probably gonna get Cross Tag this month

I really like BlazBlue but also I'm extremely bad at it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Internet Kraken posted:

Eat a smaller breakfast and work a healthy lunch into your routine so you're not as hungry.

I got an email for a kickstarter I backed like four years ago and one of the rewards was a tshirt and I've gotten so fat in the intervening years that I'd have to lose a bunch of weight to fit in it, so stick with the diet. Also work exercise into it so you can eat more. Burn 1000 calories and you can eat an extra 1000 calories.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

All you have to do to burn 1,000 calories is run about 10 miles every morning, it's easy!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

the last chat thread poster, obvs

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Skypie posted:

I really like BlazBlue but also I'm extremely bad at it

We are all bad when we just start.
I've been playing BB for years and i'm still terrible but i'm having a blast with the games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

All you have to do to burn 1,000 calories is run about 10 miles every morning, it's easy!!

I actually used to do stuff like that then I got bored and am super fat now :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hello my friend sharrrk posted a kirby thing in the old thread and i wanted to quote it and say, "wow these pokémon gold beta monsters are wild". thank you

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

exquisite tea posted:

Some people do, but I was speaking in general terms, with a moderate exercise routine you can burn 300 to 500 calories a session and build muscle, which helps burn calories faster.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I used to average walking like 8 miles a day when I worked at my carwash job and in construction. I burned tons of calories.

My job as a technician/maintenance dude now is a lot less physically demanding so I've put on about 25 pounds in the last couple years. I'm easing myself into a workout routine now so I can at least convert the weight into muscle instead of pudge.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

oddium posted:

hello my friend sharrrk posted a kirby thing in the old thread and i wanted to quote it and say, "wow these pokémon gold beta monsters are wild". thank you

no, thank you!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The secret to weight loss is don't drink your calories and cook every meal yourself because you're better at estimating how much you can eat. Want a greasy burger? Make it yourself, I guarantee it'll be healthier than any fast food joint.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Went to bed 4 hours ago. Lied in bed failing to fall asleep. Sleeping meds did nothing. I loving hate my body and myself right now.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Eat a smaller breakfast and work a healthy lunch into your routine so you're not as hungry.

I got an email for a kickstarter I backed like four years ago and one of the rewards was a tshirt and I've gotten so fat in the intervening years that I'd have to lose a bunch of weight to fit in it, so stick with the diet. Also work exercise into it so you can eat more. Burn 1000 calories and you can eat an extra 1000 calories.

I'm not hungry much actually which is why its been easier to stick with this. But since I'm effectively cutting out all extra food outside my meals that takes away an opportunity to just indulge in stuff I used to enjoy eating whenever I felt like it. So I can manage but I just remember when I'd gladly make a plate of nachos or eat a croissant without a second thought and man, that sure was nice. To bad it made me a fat gently caress.

al-azad posted:

The secret to weight loss is don't drink your calories and cook every meal yourself because you're better at estimating how much you can eat. Want a greasy burger? Make it yourself, I guarantee it'll be healthier than any fast food joint.

I can't remember the last time I actually ate a fast food burger. They don't even taste good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It seems most fitting that a video game thread in 2018 would have a rehashed title.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Really want BBTag, but I already spent my gaming budget for the month. God help me if I end up liking how the Mario Tennis demo plays.

Also just noticed Super Bomberman R is coming to other consoles when was that announced?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Also just noticed Super Bomberman R is coming to other consoles when was that announced?

A while ago, just nobody cared because it's Super Bomberman R.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I get married this month. :kiddo: Not a lot of time for video games right now, but been playing a lot of Neverwinter, God of War, and MLB the Show 17.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

precision posted:

between this and your constant idiot evangelizing of fc5 (which promptly halted when you realized "wait this is actually kind of poo poo") i don't think the problem is with everyone else

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

I said come in! posted:

I get married this month. :kiddo:

drat, condolences.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I get married this month. :kiddo: Not a lot of time for video games right now, but been playing a lot of Neverwinter, God of War, and MLB the Show 17.

This is me in November except I'm really bad at paperwork stuff so I keep forgetting to make up our save the dates

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Get well soon internet kraken, I know how you feel and I hope you can get some proper rest in soon.

Congratulations I said come in on the marriage! I hope you have a fun honeymoon planned :)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

do not buy David Bowie albums

do not buy cell phones

do not enjoy any media ever because there's literally a 100% chance that someone awful is benefitting from your purchase

yes, i don't buy those other things either. thanks

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

an actual dog posted:

Pumped for Sushi Striker and Aces. Good switch month.

I'm gonna play the Aces demo all weekend! Start the month off with a bang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

All these weddings...

i-i always preferred single player anyways

• Locked thread