Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

GUI posted:

what SA was

:lol:

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

The White Dragon posted:

even then we've always had the unspoken rule of not touching the poop, and threads invariably go off rails in a bad way once someone does

doobie was an exception in a way, i guess, but still it ended badly for everyone here who engaged in the pooptouching

Yeah, we just gather around the poop with sticks while beating around the bush... and dont talk about touching it outright on the forums proper. There's other places for that.

SA has never not been this. Better to acknowledge it and try to move forward than whitewash.

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 1, 2018

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

In Training posted:

There's an entire forum dedicated to stalking and harassing game developers that is eternally protected by Lowtax's blessing so it's still actively encouraged by this website

At least Chris Roberts is a scam artist, someone out there preying upon people. I can take part in that kind of general unpleasantness, with glee. It got gross a lot with what people thought was funny to say about Sandi, but I never saw people doing the type of things we were attacking them for letting Lesnick do.

One time I came in and GBS was basically renamed gently caress THESE FEMINISTS and so i clicked that thread -- whaddaya know, THAT PAGE, someone posting censored doxx of people. "totally didnt look it up myself." Supposedly there's some reason or another that that's okay. They started it, they're dumb, whatever.

• Locked thread