Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sexpig by night posted:

I love that he's too stupid to just cancel it so now he's scheduled to have a 'celebration of America' instead

Kellyanne's apparently a big Eagles fan and was planning the whole thing so he might think he's being nice to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grittybeard posted:

Kellyanne's apparently a big Eagles fan and was planning the whole thing so he might think he's being nice to her.

I'm genuinely happy her day was probably made worse by that then

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003832766511894528

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So now he also likes the veterans who did get captured?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/SLADEONTHEBEAT/status/1003833001309102080

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I love that the NFL's bullshit 'solution' didn't please anyone. How did they not know literally all Trump wants is to see uppity minorities fired?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is seriously some of the most :sad:, pathetic poo poo I have ever seen.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope the owners are soooooo glad that they ripped the scab of this off and infuriated their players to suck the dick of Strong Daddy only to have him mock them on Twitter for not bowing deeper

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WesleyLowery/status/1003839702942797825

wonder how much harder the owners will kiss his rear end after this, because they absolutely will

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
"Here comes Eli Manning...wait, he's ripping of his jersey! THERE'S A HITMEN JERSEY UNDERNEATH! ELI MANNING IS DEFECTING TO THE NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY HITMEN!"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

"Here comes Eli Manning...wait, he's ripping of his jersey! THERE'S A HITMEN JERSEY UNDERNEATH! ELI MANNING IS DEFECTING TO THE NEW YORK/NEW JERSEY HITMEN!"

you laugh but Trump could, in one afternoon, nationalize the NFL and put it under the authority of the Small Business Administration led by none other than Linda McMahon

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chris James 2 posted:

wonder how much harder the owners will kiss his rear end after this, because they absolutely will

lmao, he's such a petty rear end in a top hat.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If Congress removed the NFL's anti-trust exemption would that immediately invalidate all the NFL's broadcast contracts?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Strongly concur :(

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/realglenmacnow/status/1003821907777609729?s=21

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So does El Dumbass think Philly is actually Pittsburgh?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

waah posted:

We need a scouting report on him.

Compares to Latavius Murray at a listed svelte 6'3"/235lb, medical experts declared him the healthiest prospect they've ever seen. Creative runner with the ability to improvise and make something out of nothing. Fumbles often. Some believe he is the product of a great scheme, but has spent most of his career in the red zone. Concerns regarding character, may need a strong supporting cast to succeed.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/FarFarrAway/status/1003789559975612422

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
My favorite thing about that tweet is that protesting is clearly an afterthought there. He clearly says that the only reason he cancelled is that no one was gonna come (great admission there) and then added the locker room bullshit after already basically admitting that he was spurned.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Trump is absolutely going to keep hammering the NFL on this. The issue is a winner for him--it plays well for most conservatives, and even a large chunk of white Dems/liberals (there's also a large group of Dems who are just ambivalent). And the owners will clearly respond, giving him little wins, making it about the safest issue he can spout off on these days.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1003956743133650944?s=19

plz die

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Trump is absolutely going to keep hammering the NFL on this. The issue is a winner for him--it plays well for most conservatives, and even a large chunk of white Dems/liberals (there's also a large group of Dems who are just ambivalent). And the owners will clearly respond, giving him little wins, making it about the safest issue he can spout off on these days.

I think you’re right on all counts, but I’m curious to see if public opinion moves at all as Trump continues to escalate after said little wins.

I imagine there exists a substantial contingent of heretofore wishy-washy white Dems uncomfortable with players demonstrating during the anthem that are even more uncomfortable with the idea of Trump forcing players out of the locker room for a compulsory show of fealty.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“Rutgers legend Eric Legrand has no respect for our anthem. Refuses to stand and honor our country. Sad.”

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I kinda wanna walk over to the whitehouse at 3 and kneel in front of it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

very stable genius posted:

I kinda wanna walk over to the whitehouse at 3 and kneel in front of it.

There is zero doubt in my mind they’ll be prepared for this and you’d be immediately arrested

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1003970640188239873

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hahahahahaha PFT is a treasure.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Chris James 2 posted:

It’s too bad this didn’t happen because the NFL absolutely deserves it, just not for the issue in question.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is it against rules for the NFL to negotiate with the networks to not air or talk about the anthem stuff? Because if they just paid of Fox, CBS, NBC it would look really bad if (when) it got out but it would also really kneecap the whole thing.

I don’t support this at all just curious if it’s a tactic they could have used.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Dave posted:

Is it against rules for the NFL to negotiate with the networks to not air or talk about the anthem stuff? Because if they just paid of Fox, CBS, NBC it would look really bad if (when) it got out but it would also really kneecap the whole thing.

you could just mandate an earlier anthem time

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I don't believe there is any rule that states tv stations have to broadcast the National Anthem. Just go straight to kickoff & the television audience would be none the wiser.

That said you know people will be filming it with their phones so it would get out who was standing/kneeling/in the locker room anyway.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Now that the league has made a rule around kneeling it’s become part of the game so they have to show it. Another self-own.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

I don't believe there is any rule that states tv stations have to broadcast the National Anthem. Just go straight to kickoff & the television audience would be none the wiser.

That said you know people will be filming it with their phones so it would get out who was standing/kneeling/in the locker room anyway.

Most of the kneeling wasn't even on TV anyway. Reporters started tweeting from the press box about who was on a knee and fans were taking pics.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/sportspickle/status/1003978279458664449?s=21

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

fsif posted:

I think you’re right on all counts, but I’m curious to see if public opinion moves at all as Trump continues to escalate after said little wins.

I imagine there exists a substantial contingent of heretofore wishy-washy white Dems uncomfortable with players demonstrating during the anthem that are even more uncomfortable with the idea of Trump forcing players out of the locker room for a compulsory show of fealty.

Yeah, polling suggests people on both sides are more likely to stand up for "free speech," but I suspect that push comes to shove, most white folks don't think the protests should be protected, both because they don't think police violence/not being allowed to kneel are a big enough deal, and because of who's doing them.

Something I'm more interested to see is how PA voters respond to the disinvitation. Do extraphilly MAGA chuds see this as their team issuing an affront to the president, or do they see it as the team's loyalists getting screwed? Is chud loyalty stronger than team loyalty?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao this whole thing is so stupid.

Anyways like someone said The Eagle players and organization can have a BBQ at my pool if they want.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The NFLPA's response?

gently caress the president! gently caress the children!

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1003987739916820480?s=19

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Dave posted:

Normally they don't show it. It used to be something reserved for the Super Bowl and nothing else.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Yeah prior to 2009 they only aired it for 9/11 and the Superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Didn't this all start with the Department of Defense paying them to do it?

• Locked thread