Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Pete Carroll is going to retire and John Schneider will get fired and then the Seahawks will make Grigson GM and Brian Schottenheimer HC
This would be too perfect.

They will still be good because of RWB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Joey Freshwater posted:

Bucs DL was awful last year and they did a lot to help that. QBs will pick you apart if they have all day, which they did, I don't care who the CBs are. They resigned Grimes for another year and got two pretty good CBs in the draft. How do you figure they did "relatively little"

e: I guess they didn't do much with safeties but my above point still stands
Mike Smith's defenses are never good without a good safety.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whypick1 posted:

31 in the regular season, 4 in the playoffs. 3 of those playoff ones came in one game :stonk:
Aeneas Williams :unsmith:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

Does Christian Hackenberg play a single snap in a regular season NFL game?

He was a 2nd round pick.
No, barring some catastrophic string of QB injuries somewhere.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

seiferguy posted:

I just wanna see Hack shoot one at a ref in the bigs. Hell, it can be in the preseason. I'm not picky.
Why would you want a fan to get a broken nose?

seiferguy posted:

Hack played in the preseason, right?
I....I dont think so.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

:stonklol:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

So the Chiefs good starting center is still rehabbing a foot injury, they let their decent backup center walk in FA to the Texans, so right now the starting center is Cam Irving. Who was probably the worst center ever as a Brown, has said in interviews he is too dumb to play center and prefers playing tackle, and has fumbled the snap multiple times during minicamp...this is not ideal..
Sounds perfect when you have a QB with one start under his belt! I'm sure this will not have any adverse affect on his development!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Aww hell yeeaaahh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Greg Robinson is the worst player in the NFL
Christian Hackenburg has a word for you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I want to bc I love both Jarvis and Flash, but I am concerned about Mayfield's size and playstyle in division known for murdering under-sized QBs
James Harrison retired and Suggs is gettin really old, though, so maybe Mayfield stands a chance?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

weird Asian candy posted:

I forgot those 3 all existed on the roster at the same time...that's quite the trio.

Man I miss prime Turner before he got fat and lazy.
I remember Gruden gushing about his rear end on national TV.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cash Monet posted:

He knows this is the year AJ Green is going to take a swing at him.
Why would he care about bitch rear end AJ Green taking a swing at him?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

A 3 year contact is all in?
A remarkably team friendly 3 year contract, too.

This doesnt look at all like Jay Cutler though :confused:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fournette still has his rookie deal and the defense will remain stacked for a while. No reason to think they couldn't pick up a QB next draft to work up behind Bort.
Exactly. They have Bouye and Ramsey for at least 3 more years (there is no way they dont pay Ramsey and Bouye singed a 6 year deal 1 year ago, I think). They have Telvin Smith extended for 5 years and Jack should be extendable. The DL is a good mix of older and younger guys (Ngakoue :swoon: ). All that and they have been drafting well and have some good coaches on staff.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

I got a bit caught up in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes but I am wondering how he will fit with the Vikings. Is that team good enough that it'll allow Kirk Cousins to really flourish? Or is Kirk Cousins mediocre enough that he will never truly flourish? I'm starting to have this feeling that Alex Smith would've been a better choice for the Vikings. I hope Kirk does ball out and makes his former team look like a bunch of incompetents

Funny article and really lays it out. This team needs some new faces in the coaching staff and front office desperately. The lack of depth is really amazing; any number of a lot of key players going down and the team will completely fall apart. I also noticed watching All or Nothing that the coaching just wasn't there, way too many players totally checked our and not giving a gently caress about all the cliches Jason Garrett spouts off constantly. Some good position coaching but you need that presence at the top. One playoff win in seven and a half years? That's not production and most teams wouldn't tolerate that no matter how much they liked the guy.

The management needs help just as much as the coaching though. I think they need some big changes and until that happens they will stay as perennial also-rans. I'm sure they'll grind out a certain number of wins but overall I like their chances the least in that division. Every other team in the division has things to really get excited about, but with the Cowboys it's really hard to even say that they've even improved this offseason while every other team in the division looks like it has
What I find hilarious about this is that Jerry Jones refuses to admit that Jimmy Johnson was at all responsible for helping to assemble those superstar teams in the 90s.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Grittybeard posted:

I mean...Case Keenum of all people looked pretty good playing for them. I'd imagine Cousins might have a decent chance of being ok.
How much of this was Pat Shurmur, who is now the HC of the Giants?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Pat Shurmur is an expert at making lovely QBs look okay
What does this mean for future HoFer Elisha Manning?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is it just me or are there more murders this year
I appreciate this post.

Spoeank posted:

Choked to death huh. Turns out the dead body is..... THE PATRIOTS IN THE SUPER BOWL
Its too soon since the Falcon's most epic choke job ever.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What a joke. The team sold for how many billions?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Play posted:

I don't believe for a second that tom brady eats rear end
Have you seen Gisele's rear end his son's mouth?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just read that the Cardinal's new coach Steve Wilks hired Mike McCoy as his OC. Hasnt it been established that Adam Gase was the magic behind all of the good offenses that McCoy was the OC of? Is Josh Rosen hosed double hosed (he is already in trouble because that OL)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

BlindSite posted:

They hit on so much in the mid to late rounds early it was always going to happen eventually. Regression to the mean is a motherfucker.
The Scot McCloughlan (spelling?) Effect.

• Locked thread