Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
wentz is going to be so bummed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i know most of the sports rallys i attend, people wear button up shirts and slacks. team attire is for game day only, son.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

baby randle :(

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

i hope the place TO chooses to celebrate his induction is in his driveway.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
:monocle: not even jeff garcia?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
the Eagles trading BDN for Gronk after letting Trey Burton walk would be a highly questionable move.

e: not to say Burton and Gronk are comparable players but just that Philly didn’t seem to prioritize keeping Burton so it doesn’t seem like their TE situation is a huge concern.

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jun 8, 2018

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I liked how Rice finally retired after being clowned on by dante hall in the preseason.

Hall checked him at the line, threw him back like five feet, then intercepted the inexplicably thrown smoke route and housed it.

Rice was like "yeah gently caress this bye"

Then Hall went on all the Atlanta radio stations bragging about how he'd forced the greatest WR ever to retire.

dante or deangelo?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
1yr/$12.5m seems like a lot for Bush but I guess the Rams are going all in this year.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Saints or the Panthers.

how is it not Green Bay? literally their only losing season in the past 9 years was going 7-9 this year. the Saints went 7-9 four times in the last 6.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
chip probably did help set the eagles with great cap space by not signing McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to long contracts.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
i think the difference is no one would be surprised if Jerry just up and fired Garrett on a whim. meanwhile Paul Brown is far too cheap to pay a buyout on Marvin and even without winning a playoff game, this is the longest sustained relevance the team has ever had. Marvin’s done when he chooses to be done.

now he’ll probably be fired 2 games in

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The only notable trio that was actually effective that i can recall was Staley-Westbrook-Buckhalter on the early 00s Eagles team.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
those three also didn’t do much of anything catching the ball out of the backfield.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I also don't know that the Vikings had what the Chiefs were looking for in an Alex Smith trade, they pretty specifically targeted Kendall Fuller since they were planning on releasing Peters (obligatory what the Christ were you fucks thinking goes here). I think they would have preferred him over, say, Trae Waynes.

https://twitter.com/pff/status/954719181471182849?s=21

This is totally cherry picking, I have no idea how good Fuller was compared to Waynes overall. Wayne’s improves tremendously this season , though, even as opponents threw away from Rhodes.

Kalli posted:

Keenum was surprisingly good at handling pressure last year.

The biggest weakness on the vikings is their oline, though it's better then a few years ago, but yeah, Cousins is walking into pretty much the best available spot for a QB since probably like... 2013 Denver?

This is true, but as Dubious said he was greatly aided by the fact that he could just chuck it in the general direction of Diggs and Thielen and they would come down with it more often than not.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How much of this was Pat Shurmur, who is now the HC of the Giants?

Shurmur deserves a ton of credit for his offensive gameplans and play calling in general considering the Vikings lost their QB1 and RB1 by week 4. Keenum still deserves credit for his ability to move in the pocket and in general being willing to play aggressively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Didn’t that happen a few years ago? The whole story seems is really familiar.

• Locked thread