Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

piss tape israel posted:

I wonder how 1999 Marino compares to 2015 Manning. I naturally saw a whole lot of the latter and outside of one game :barf:

I kinda remember Marino's arm being toast too, but it's so long ago I don't know exactly how bad it was. I just remember two or three hail mary type plays the last couple of years that were definitely in prime Marino range to reach the end zone/throw through the end zone if he'd wanted to dropping at like the 5 or 10 yard line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sexpig by night posted:

I love that he's too stupid to just cancel it so now he's scheduled to have a 'celebration of America' instead

Kellyanne's apparently a big Eagles fan and was planning the whole thing so he might think he's being nice to her.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

Pretty sure he'd still hang out with them to piss off the Retard-In-Chief.

There's a thing where you're supposed to kinda let the next president do what they want and he might not want to mess with that.

So obviously the Warriors or Cavs should do this because he couldn't resist shooting hoops with them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In fairness the Texans looked pretty drat good before their star QB tore his ACL. Not a lot of teams can come back from that, the Eagles being the exception that proves the rule.

And that was after Watt was lost for the season. The Texans could theoretically be good if Watson is actually what he looked like for a little while there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Where does he fit on Miami

If anyone is saying "please go to x" about Christian Hackenberg they do not care about how he fits on that team.

For instance I hope he now goes to Denver.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

No, barring some catastrophic string of QB injuries somewhere.

I mean even in that case, no. I think he's just totally done and teams would rather play the noodle armed D3 prospect over him.

Gruden liked his potential and gave up on him after a couple of weeks, he must be absolutely putrid in practice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If that actually happens the Raiders just burned a third round pick on nothing right? Isn't this Bryant's last year of his rookie deal?

e: Or would he not get a year of service time if he's suspended the whole year and they'd still have him next year? Assuming if he gets suspended he would then not gently caress up and get reinstated and all.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 15, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

piss tape israel posted:

Then it's no coincidence he shares his name with the worst defensive coordinator in the history of the NFL

Just put him in Texas and he's randomly fine and actually loved*.

*-may only apply to the university of Texas.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

The Eagles are righting the wrongs committed by the evil and unspeakable one who Must Not Be Named.

You posting your defense of Chip and why it made sense to keep him an hour or so before he got fired was one of my favorite TFF moments.

It was like a localized non-national version of Peter King's article swearing the Steelers would never hire Todd Haley that got printed a half hour before Todd Haley was hired as their OC.

(I'm not comparing you to Peter King for the record, I'm not that cruel).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

If the Redskins fire Jay Gruden the Cowboys should immediately fire Jason Garrett through the roof opening at Cowboys Stadium and give Gruden 101 million over 10 years

People bring up Marvin Lewis a lot as far as lifetime coaching jobs go, but I still think Jason Garrett tops the job security list. Jerry just loves him and Stephen likes him well enough to keep him around.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

WHOOPS posted:

The only notable trio that was actually effective that i can recall was Staley-Westbrook-Buckhalter on the early 00s Eagles team.

Okoye/Word/Williams kinda on the Chiefs way back when? That was in the days of full on Martyball though so they were the entire offense, and only together for a couple of years. And Barry Word was only good for one year, and Okoye had been figured out by then.

Whatever, young me loved that backfield even though I hated Harvey Williams more than he deserved to be hated.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

we moved onto......Stephen Jackson :stare:

I mean you gotta admit Save the Running Back was pretty good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Never got why he had an existential crisis over some bad Raiders game

It was a really bad Raiders game ok?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jivesauce posted:

Did the articles from that goon-run football website get saved anywhere? I think it was called Football and Rational Thoughts (GET IT?). Big Bob had some hilarious articles he had written on there I think.

EHUD DROPPED THE BALL!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

piss tape israel posted:

Denver's QB that game? Kyle Orton

Poor Sophia, doomed to love the unattainable drunk.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Banks is one of the guys in the Vanderbilt gang rape case where four football players recorded the whole thing on their cell phones if you remember that. I was surprised he remained out so long but I guess he was only convicted and sentenced last August.

This happened while James Franklin was there and there were rumors he might have done some not totally on the up and up stuff to try to keep it quiet. Of course this meant nothing to Penn State because why would they care about a silly thing like that?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

He's had a very Ben Roethlisberger start to his career, except without all that postseason success

And Ben was an actual for real comp for him before the draft, which was always morbidly funny.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

Can it be steak related?

The one with the monocle made me laugh every time I saw it and I'm sad it's gone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

I got a bit caught up in the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes but I am wondering how he will fit with the Vikings. Is that team good enough that it'll allow Kirk Cousins to really flourish? Or is Kirk Cousins mediocre enough that he will never truly flourish? I'm starting to have this feeling that Alex Smith would've been a better choice for the Vikings. I hope Kirk does ball out and makes his former team look like a bunch of incompetents

I mean...Case Keenum of all people looked pretty good playing for them. I'd imagine Cousins might have a decent chance of being ok.

I also don't know that the Vikings had what the Chiefs were looking for in an Alex Smith trade, they pretty specifically targeted Kendall Fuller since they were planning on releasing Peters (obligatory what the Christ were you fucks thinking goes here). I think they would have preferred him over, say, Trae Waynes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Translation: Duvernay-Tardif won't have "MD" on his jersey because the NFL is dumb and stupid.

To be fair his nameplate would probably go onto his arms then. Still gently caress the NFL for that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Aggravated Manslaughter?

Drug overdose?

OD and then he doesn't call for help and just runs away would seem to fit that charge.

I get that if that is what actually happened he was on drugs too and that's why he freaked but like, this is your plan?

e: Oh I forgot the strangulation thing. Yeah that doesn't fit.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wtf is with Tamba hali and his hair

I'm going to choose to believe that's the only place he can grow hair and he isn't willing to give it up.

I can't find a picture but you can see what we're talking about here.

It was good to hear him say he might be interested in coaching, I think he could be good at it. And lord knows every Chiefs defender other than Justin Houston needs work on their hand-fighting.

e: Huh, listened to a little bit of his music. It isn't abjectly horrible like I was assuming it would be. I don't know if I'd call it good but it's laid back and chill.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 28, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I believe that's the largest fine the NFL has ever handed out. On the other hand of course:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What a joke. The team sold for how many billions?

This makes it rather meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I'm sure he's learned his lesson now that he had to give up *grabs calculator* 0,125% of the money he made from selling the team.

On the bright side you know this really super pisses Jerry Richardson off because he doesn't think of it this way. He thinks of it as if he was broke and he's giving up 2.75 million which is unprecedented!!!

So at least he's probably really angry about this.

• Locked thread