Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Eagles are still Super Bowl Champions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

Trading your super bowl MVP backup QB because the TE might get hurt doesn't seem like sound logic to me, particularly when you're arguing to trade for a guy who hasn't played a full season since 2011

I agree with the Cowboys fan. If Foles sticks around, we have a much better shot at a championship than with a TE we don't need. Our WR and RB depth are enough to get by if Ertz gets hurt. Plus, we drafted a talented TE this year and got that guy from GB that can catch.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

It's not like we've been fooled by a single year performance by BDN before

Be that as it may he's the best backup in the NFL, yeah? I've always held he got a bad rap due to St Louis doing nothing to support him.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

would you rather have the best backup in the nfl or the best starting TE by a mile in the NFL

QB is a more important position and the Eagles showed last year their offense doesn't need a Gronk to produce big numbers. The superbowl was incredibly high scoring.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Intruder posted:

yeah nick'll contribute so much more than gronk could holding that clipboard

How many teams in the past 10 years were out of playoffs with a promising team because they lost their QB?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

Are we still pretending Nick Foles has a ton of value still after the offseason just demonstrated otherwise?

We were offered 33 overall for him iirc? Also the argument is really what brings more to the Eagles atm and since Ertz is pretty loving good its almost deciding which backup you'd rather have, Ertz or Foles

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Of course you do but NE put up 400 more yards than the Eagles last season with Gronk and the GOAT. How much value does Gronk bring relative to the massive loss of an injured Wentz? Every Eagles fan can tell you Wentz doesn't play to protect himself - it was our chief concern last season and culminated in him getting hurt making a dumb risk of himself. I can think of many teams in the NFL since I've watched the game that have gone from Superbowl Favorite to a nothing because their QB got hurt. poo poo, it was the narrative for the Eagles this last season! You don't move Foles unless either he's begging for it (doesn't look like he is) or you're supremely confident in Wentz.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Play posted:

Well that was loving pointless. Thanks guys ;)

It's extremely June my dude

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dante was the most agile athlete we’ve seen since Barry.

God how did his knees not explode everytime he pulled some insane stop and twist. Plus he seemed to always hit top speed in 3 steps.

I'll argue for Shady McCoy being among their number

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

T.O., Philly woulda let you come party with us.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Please go to Miami, please please please

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

And if what they did is just good execution of plays? Not really a counter to good, consistent play.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Play posted:

I'm starting to get this sinking feeling that Luck may essentially be done for good. Saying he has a "little mental block" to throwing a regulation football, having been out of the sport for a long long time, and being on probably the worst roster in the NFL. I hope it's not true but at the point there's been so much bullshit thrown around about him that I'm starting to think this is really bad and that the mental and physical issues might have basically halved his talent

On the bright side everyone who was mad about Peyton to Luck doesn't have to be anymore.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Where does he fit on Miami

He doesn’t fit anywhere in any capacity but it would be the funniest poo poo if he started a game against the Jets and beat him

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Tebow or Hackenberg?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ok that's just as good

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I want to know who the dead guy is before casting stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think he's pretty good. If I remember right, Tampa took the Seattle approach to the offensive line. Just a trash dude outside of football, that's all!

• Locked thread