Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Clay Matthews will get his revenge on that softball by tackling it when its already 3 yards out of bounds

he goes to pick it up and then whoops he lets it fall to the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

imagine how loud the national anthem is gonna be played

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pubic works project posted:

hahahaha this would be the best. Holding a bottle of Henney in each hand.

"hey big o, let's have that dunk contest"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals maybe got worse and they also got a b+

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

speaking about coaches apparently the cards s&c guy has a personal vendetta against speed ladders

https://twitter.com/TopSpeedLLC/status/998220967523553280

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/8p6uh7/rumor_edelman_potentially_getting_suspended_for_4/

redditgate nfl edition

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/08/reddit-edelman-tipster-hints-at-another-patriots-story/

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What would Gronk be worth?

a second and a third maybe? two seconds? even those feel high... the nfl is really stingy about firsts and you have gronk on a fair value-ish contract for only 2 more years

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Intruder posted:

would you rather have the best backup in the nfl or the best starting TE by a mile in the NFL

a glass half full question for our generation...

i'd probably take the backup because i'm a pessimist

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Diqnol posted:

How many teams in the past 10 years were out of playoffs with a promising team because they lost their QB?

not the brock osweiler led broncos, that's for sure

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you can run 2 tight end sets though

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

you cant kneel in madden 2k19

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

no days off

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cashier: alright, that will be sixty nine dollars for this bottle of wine

gronkowski, somewhere: huh? i just felt my ears twitch

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i guess david johnson might be holding out? kind of weird how he went to all the voluntary stuff and chose now when he can get fined by the team to sit out. i dunno

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

now it's coming out that his injury at the tail end of the voluntary practices was actually just him sitting out. he hasn't talked up a storm like bell so who knows if he wants to take the top off the pay scale or just get paid a little more fairly

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my simmering take is that i'd massively increase the performance pool. like half the cap

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

veterans also have the advantage of all the money they made before they were veterans.

i'm really on the fence about who's getting screwed with the current contract situation, but with a guy like david johnson it's really apparent that if he gets forced into betting on himself with a bridge deal that's also got a prove it salary level then he is completely hosed if he gets hurt and GMs think he has the "easily injured" skill.

e: whoops, pressed submit accidentally.

my last thought is, is ~69k a completely valid amount of money to pay for purely the potential as the last pick in the draft? sure NCAA players deserve to be paid but right now that's your only guaranteed reward for being good enough to be drafted. I think all draft contracts should be fully guaranteed based on that.

hifi fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 12, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

here's a cool headline "Coby Fleener wants to keep playing but only if brain injury heals"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

turbin popped for peds

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

If chad williams is ok then david johnson/DJ/larry/nelson is a serviceable corps. Nobody gamebreaking but I wouldn't assume they all get covered on every play and bradford should be able to exploit that. lots of lateral quickness too.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Pungry posted:

Can someone tell me why Nigel Bradham is just now getting suspended for a fight in 2016? Just seems like a bizarrely long amount of time before the suspension.

espn says the case was closed in january

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its ok guys the seahawks are gonna be way better this year .

• Locked thread