Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Might seem a bit strange to pay that much for a nickel that very few non-Dolphins fans have even heard of, but I think Miami’s FO has proven they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man life after Chip Kelly sure is something.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

Trump is absolutely going to keep hammering the NFL on this. The issue is a winner for him--it plays well for most conservatives, and even a large chunk of white Dems/liberals (there's also a large group of Dems who are just ambivalent). And the owners will clearly respond, giving him little wins, making it about the safest issue he can spout off on these days.

I think you’re right on all counts, but I’m curious to see if public opinion moves at all as Trump continues to escalate after said little wins.

I imagine there exists a substantial contingent of heretofore wishy-washy white Dems uncomfortable with players demonstrating during the anthem that are even more uncomfortable with the idea of Trump forcing players out of the locker room for a compulsory show of fealty.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

People are still pushing that Allen was a better prospect than Rosen. drat

"The fit is good because Allen is big and strong and it's very windy there, and he can throw the ball through the wind,"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Patriots first four games are, as HOU, @JAX, @DET, MIA.

So maybe 3–1 now?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I miss my better-than-Tannehill QB.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1004798381183471616

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

Such a clickbait title

He says Tannehill was good enough in 2016 to go to a super bowl and then the QB situation devolved when they had to move on to Cutler.

I miss my better-than-Cutler-and-Fales QB, then.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The guy who called the local sports station 2 days ago and dropped the Edelman news and quickly hung up just called the station again and said the Pats are trying to trade Gronk for Baker Mayfield.

Makes sense, Browns are in win-now mode.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

God having sex with Bill Belichick must be disgusting.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1006590319285166080

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Hey, some one has to play Trevor Siemian to Josh Allen's Paxton Lynch, right?

What a horrible and wholly accurate thing to say.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So who is the standard-bearer for consistent greatness in the NFC now that the Seahawks have imploded? Is it, like, the Panthers?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chichevache posted:

The Saints?

The Saints have gone 7-9 in four of their last six seasons.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I feel like DHB still counts as authentic.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Assuming he doesn't get hurt, Fitzpatrick will continue his streak of somehow starting at least three games every season for the last ten years.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If I'm the Bucs I move on from Winston. I mean, I would have never selected him in the first place, but from a vile, detached, calculated, bottom-line perspective, his level of talent is not nearly enough to make up for the PR hits they constantly take for the horrible things he does.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sourdough posted:

What? That's not even close to true. A young even average QB is worth way more for the bottom line than any PR hits Winston has caused.

I probably overplayed my hand there a bit, mostly because Jameis has inexplicably seemed to skate for his behavior up to this point in his career. Still, it's worth considering what future PR hits you're setting yourself up for with Winston as the face of your franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I don't understand how one man can be so uniquely talented at one particular wrestling move. No one else has come close.

• Locked thread