Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
These ATL guys have no idea. Guzman has barely played this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Good to see a quality match on a Sunday afternoon.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

yea, this has been a good watch
except for the super awkward camera angle they used all first half

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I’d love to see TFC get their poo poo together here

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

paddyboat posted:

I’d love to see TFC get their poo poo together here

I'm okay with Michael Bradley and Jozy slipping away into irrelevance before the next USMNT Manager gets tempted to use them.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Jack2142 posted:

I'm okay with Michael Bradley and Jozy slipping away into irrelevance before the next USMNT Manager gets tempted to use them.

Yeah I really just wanted NYFC to drop some points, as always

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Jack2142 posted:

In the grand scheme of things, this really is the best outcome for the USMNT.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

El Jebus posted:

In the grand scheme of things, this really is the best outcome for the USMNT.

If Jozy were the problem it would be such an easy thing to fix.

I'm curious to see what hosting the cup does to stunt growth if we don't have to play competitive qualifiers for 2026.

Also I just watched Nagbe play with ATL for the first time and his talents are squandered on that team. Granted, he never achieved in Portland either but he at least helped dominate the midfield and had room to move around. He showed potential on the international stage, but needs to find a new club home ASAP.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

If Jozy were the problem it would be such an easy thing to fix.

I'm curious to see what hosting the cup does to stunt growth if we don't have to play competitive qualifiers for 2026.

Also I just watched Nagbe play with ATL for the first time and his talents are squandered on that team. Granted, he never achieved in Portland either but he at least helped dominate the midfield and had room to move around. He showed potential on the international stage, but needs to find a new club home ASAP.

He should have left Portland* for a euro squad to learn how to take real advantage of his passing and ball holding skills. He moves so well but I feel like he had another level he could have reached if he had better talent to practice against and with.

Edit* He should have left Portland sooner.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 26, 2018

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Watching Minnesota miss every single open shot is very frustrating, folks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TwoStepBoog posted:

Watching Minnesota miss every single open shot is very frustrating, folks.

On the contrary, I think it is very good and I like it a lot.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Today sucked. I woke up so confused that no World Cup was on. It was a sad day. gently caress today.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Looking at Seattle's starting XI...yeah, probably for the best I can't watch this one.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

whypick1 posted:

Looking at Seattle's starting XI...yeah, probably for the best I can't watch this one.

Portland has some guys out too, but...yeaaaah...

Hope we don't scare Ruidiaz off with today's performance

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

they've always done things like this with world cups but good work MLS and espn/fox lining up portland at seattle and then orlando at atlanta after the world cup games, thats pretty good marketing

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

G-Hawk posted:

they've always done things like this with world cups but good work MLS and espn/fox lining up portland at seattle and then orlando at atlanta after the world cup games, thats pretty good marketing

Or it would be, if this year's poo poo-rear end Sounders didn't cause quality-of-play whiplash :sigh:

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Or it would be, if this year's poo poo-rear end Sounders didn't cause quality-of-play whiplash :sigh:

to soccer casuals watching the world cup who could get interested in mls, the atmospheres make it seem good. tricky mls

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ayyyy those Doug Flag numbers are loving sick

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Seattle is pitiful

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i hadnt watched seattle much this year, i didn't realize just how old dempsey looks

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

The whole team is so deliberate with the ball

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Someone please just put Dempsey out of his misery, he's so goddamn washed

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Too easy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

gently caress yeah VRod

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This game just got interesting

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

(I lied about not being able to watch, I know)

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Well ok then

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Extremely stupid and lazy of Powell to pull up on that first back post cross. Galactically stupid of him to do it again 2 minutes later to give up the equalizer.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This game is fun

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

paddyboat posted:

Well ok then

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Imagine gettin outrun by a thicc lad like that

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Air Marshall baby!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Chad Marshall is an Absolute Unit

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TRADING PUNCHES

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this is a neat game

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God, this team is hot trash.

Seattle isn't scoring again, guys

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Glad I stuck with this game what a half

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
One of these teams may want to learn to defend in the air.

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

I'm at this Sounders game and hadn't seen them yet this season since I don't live here, god they're trash. But despite that this half had been...good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I stopped watching at halftime what the hell

• Locked thread