Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Germany's government banned former Valve Economist Varoufakis from speaking in Germany. That's very concerning. I repeat, what the heck is happening in Germany.

West Germany was never denazified and later annexed East Germany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Oh, look, my opinion of Germany from the weeks I spent in Berlin is entirely justified.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
death to germany

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

A Buttery Pastry posted:

death to germany
mr putin it's time

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Herr Putin, mein Name ist Ilsa und ich bin sechs Jahre alt. Mein Land sehnt sich nach Freiheit

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I loved living in Berlin and I love my friends still living in Berlin, but lmao if I'm going back there now

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
never ceases to surprise me the lengths germany will go to protect israels image for their moral legitimacy.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I left Germany in 2021, and the thought of going back there to live while this is going on kind of turns my stomach

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

death to germany

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

death to germany

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

From the mountains to the sea, death to Germany.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
His speech is down already

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i say swears online posted:

Herr Putin, mein Name ist Ilsa und ich bin sechs Jahre alt. Mein Land sehnt sich nach Freiheit

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

A Buttery Pastry posted:

death to germany

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

i say swears online posted:

Bitte shicken Sie das SU-35 Mehrzweckkampfflugzeug

genericnick has issued a correction as of 11:18 on Apr 14, 2024

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
Morgenthau was rigth

tetSUOOO
Mar 1, 2024
spent the weekend being bombarded by german tekno ar every ski-bar and rest lodge, and all I can say is

A Buttery Pastry posted:

death to germany

though I fear it might already be too late. The pestilence is in all us, already....

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

mr putin it's time

Lol at thinking this wasn't orchestrated by Putin, like the Hamas attacks that started the current holocaust, just smhd.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Lol at thinking this wasn't orchestrated by Putin, like the Hamas attacks that started the current holocaust, just smhd.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

So, why are objectively literally literally genocide-denying fascist nazi threads still here? Asking as a human being. Like why is not Russian genocidal imperialist colonialism treated the same as American ditto?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Perkele

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah there's a historical reason why I'm not a fan of imperial colonialism. Unlike most guys (English) here. I hope they die.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah there's a historical reason why I'm not a fan of imperial colonialism. Unlike most guys (English) here. I hope they die.

av/post combo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

3D Megadoodoo posted:

how does this make putin responsible for germany banning varoufakis

edit: oh lol just realised you're a gbs ukraine thread guy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

you can't spell saiyan without yanis

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

crepeface posted:

edit: oh lol just realised you're a gbs ukraine thread guy

wait it's not a bit?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

webcams for christ posted:

wait it's not a bit?

No, he actually is Finnish

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Rip, I'm so sorry

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
Not that anyone should need a historical reason to oppose colonialism, but I don't there is much of a historical to do so for a Finn? Finland wasn't a colony except in the vaguest "was ruled by others" standard?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao TB trying to talk him down from the ledge

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
3d Megadoodoo should be congratulated for making a joke that implies Putin is not the source of all the world's ills. It is one step on a path to realizing a conflict with about 10,000 confirmed civilian deaths after two years is probably not a genocide.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Grimnarsson posted:

Not that anyone should need a historical reason to oppose colonialism, but I don't there is much of a historical to do so for a Finn? Finland wasn't a colony except in the vaguest "was ruled by others" standard?

Finland believes it was a Swedish colony.

I'm sure anti-Russian sentiment is currently reshaping their time as part of the Russian empire into a colonial relationship also.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

nonsense. swedes are a type of finn

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
they can't hate colonialism that much, they just signed up to be an American colony

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I have no doubt that in a hundred or two hundred years, the Finn of the future, if indeed such a creature will exist, will cry about American colonialism, too.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Zodium posted:

pistols at dawn

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Orange Devil posted:

I have no doubt that in a hundred or two hundred years, the Finn of the future, if indeed such a creature will exist, will cry about American colonialism, too.

:hmmyes: and then the Hyperwar started

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Zodium posted:

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Orange Devil posted:

Finland believes it was a Swedish colony.

I'm sure anti-Russian sentiment is currently reshaping their time as part of the Russian empire into a colonial relationship also.

Many Finns believe that yeah but I don't think you can find that, either that Finland was a colony of Sweden or of Russia, in any textbook or history book. It's more like a sentiment found among nationalists out of resentment for Sweden and/or Russia.

Grimnarsson has issued a correction as of 13:48 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Under both Sweden and Russia, Finns had pretty much equal rights or greater rights than the rest of the population. Under the Swedes, Finns have the same voting rights as the rest of Sweden, and under the Russians, the Grand Dutchy was largely autonomous with its own parliament, and there was never serfdom. If they were colonies, it was mostly administrative in the sense they simply weren't independent.

You could argue the same for the Baltic SSRs, if anything a lot of Balts were doing better than the Russian factory workers that had been brought it, which they now mercilessly discriminate against.