Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Livorno must surely be the CSPAM approved football team. Their ultras are pretty much the opposite of the dogshit fascist Lazio fans.

(They also aren't very good but you can't have everything)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Byolante posted:

Nah its Legia

That's pretty good, I'll grant you.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jBrereton posted:

No, they didn't.

They kicked out their right wing nationalist government and replaced it with a theoretically center left wing nationalist government. Pedro Sanchez is not in favour of any kind of nationalism outside of Spanish nationalism, and none of his cabinet picks are from any seperatist movement.

The reason they're using the last government's budget is because otherwise Cuidadanos would not have voted for the no confidence motion, and Rajoy would have stayed as PM.

No, it was because the PNV wouldn't have voted for it, because the Rajoy budget sees increases for the Basque Country. The Cs were only going to vote for it if it meant an immediate election and clearly PSOE didn't intend that hence relying on the Catalan and Basque nationalists.

They might not be in a coalition officially but PSOE and Podemos don't have the numbers without the nationalist parties propping them up. Don't expect them to recognise Catalan indpendence, but a much less heavy hand seems likely if they intend this to last more than a month.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wow, being a tax haven must be paying off.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jose posted:

I need to move there while I can

Thinking just that. Gimme the loot.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

You can tell someone is sincerely interested in classical music because they answer the question "what era do you like the most?" with "all of it." A very refined musical pallet.

I dunno, from the little I've seen you've got yourself a bootleg Jacob Rees-Mogg so congrats.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

so I took that quiz and I’m a Scottish green now

Scottish Greens are good eggs. About the only good eggs in Scottish politics

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Because the polling includes Fidesz who are suspended from the EPP.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pajser posted:

hey if anyone is interested and of course nobody is, slovenia got a new PM, which is the same right winger who had it twice before, but he is totally different now, honest!

he is not starting a coalition with a party no one trusts, not that. no he is starting with TWO parties full of lying assholes, who would never stab him in the back, like last time.

everything will be different, honest guys, it really is!

Sounds like he should be leading your social democrat party

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

Going to think all these things are dumb af but also all the people doing them are still people and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity.

So long as they aren't also fash, sure

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Or just have your parents call someone they went to school with and get you a job, voila

It's this. If you don't have a job it's because yer folks didn't work hard enough. And even as the myth of meritocracy grows ever more transparent still people believe it like their life depends on the lie.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dawncloack posted:

^^^ I think that's great, 99.99% of prostitutes are slaves..

Uhhh, what?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Entropist posted:

A common myth propagated by people who want to get rid of it, but it's not true, especially not in the Netherlands where it's legal. Here's one of many such letters to the editor by a sex worker from the Amsterdam red light district satisfied with her job, complaining about this framing which they encounter constantly in Dutch media: https://www.parool.nl/columns-opinie/opinie-als-sekswerker-op-de-wallen-ben-je-niet-weerloos~b3df819f/ (in Dutch, sorry)

I just feel like if you're going to make up a number to prove a point you'd make it a more believable one than "99.99%". That was what startled me. Unless you're counting all employees under capitalism as slaves which okay I can vibe with the sentiment but that's not generally the accepted meaning so you'd really have to spell it put.

Sex work at the end of the day is work and most people do a job for the money because that's economic reality. Are there slaves in the sex industry and other people coerced into it? Absolutely. Bosses suck poo poo in every industry, nobody proposed making the manufacturing industry illegal because there were (& are) sweatshops which trafficked people into your country and forced them into working for pennies for long hours & in unsafe conditions.

If someone chooses to make their living as a sex worker then hell, at least they aren't manufacturing arms or overseeing the dumping of toxic waste in Africa.

It makes sense to me that industry would be safer for the workers if it's regulated and legalised to at least provide some protection even if you're relying on the police which is not at all reliable.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Orange Devil posted:

How reliable is that source because uhhh, what in the absolute gently caress?

The National is very openly pro-Scottish independence (it was founded in 2014 because there was no Pro indy paper) and does openly support similar independence movements in places like Catalunya. But they are also owned by people that also own other newspapers that aren't pro-indy and I doubt they'd get away with just making this up.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ah, that's where Boris got the idea from.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

He's got my vote. Unfortunately I live in Scotland so it doesn't count.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

iberia folded and we're giving up 10% of gas consumption, apparently the gov officials are hoping it wont even be that much lol

Cowards

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Oh Lithuania, please do invade Russia just for the banter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Weka posted:

They have to get through Belarus first. Smolensk is just on the other side, so this boob is presumably saying Belarus is Lithuania too, that just doesn't play as well.

Of course he's saying that, he wants a restoration of the borders of the Commonwealth. Not sure Hyper-nationalist accurately describes this freak, could be too moderate for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

...how the poo poo did Italy not have the same kind of denazification as Germany after the war?

The Partito Comunista Italiano were at worst the 2nd largest Communist party in Western Europe in 1945/6.