Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think that's some extreme hyperbole there. I'll take Bagley over Ienco for sure but his art's fine. Not even approaching what I'd consider horrible in this or any era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Idk if this is the best place to post this or not but I just read through all of the Blacksad stuff that is available atm and man that was some very pretty art with some very unfortunate events that made me feel sad for the people involved.

Spoilers for the ending of Amarillo

Neal noooo, drat you Chad

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

muscles like this! posted:

The weird thing was for how fun his FF run was his simultaneous Fantastic Four comic kind of sucked.

Though it did have that one awesome moment of Johnny verbally destroying Reed and Sue.

"You treat me just like he treats you. Y’know that? You treat me just like he treats you."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
scotus decisions and kennedy retiring are driving my anxiety through the roof i guess its a good moment to dive into some comics

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

site posted:

scotus decisions and kennedy retiring are driving my anxiety through the roof i guess its a good moment to dive into some comics

Very :same:. Gotta take a mental health break again. So uhhhh, who's got them good comics now???

I'm re-reading Inferno on Marvel Unlimited and it's frustrating how poorly the Marvel Unlimited app is for reading event comics. I had a similar problem when trying to re-read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers on the app. If I had one complaint about the service, it really is how poor the app is.

Inferno itself is....very 80s and also peak X-men nonsense.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

site posted:

Read Prez. Or Transmet. Or I don't know, I hate Fairyland

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RevKrule posted:

Very :same:. Gotta take a mental health break again. So uhhhh, who's got them good comics now???

I can't recommend Delicious in Dungeon enough as fun comics to distract you from our hell world

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RevKrule posted:

I'm re-reading Inferno on Marvel Unlimited and it's frustrating how poorly the Marvel Unlimited app is for reading event comics. I had a similar problem when trying to re-read Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers on the app. If I had one complaint about the service, it really is how poor the app is.

Inferno itself is....very 80s and also peak X-men nonsense.

Simonson's Thor is long and a complete story with no crossovers and totally available on Marvel Unlimited.

For some events, I think if you look them up in the "events" tab it's easier to read them in order, but they might also have a bunch of stuff you don't want to read (the most recent Secret Wars has every single Battleworld issue in there, which is mostly great comics, but you might not want to read 20 other books between Thors #1 and Thors #2).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

site posted:

soon to be outlawed

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Skwirl posted:

Simonson's Thor is long and a complete story with no crossovers and totally available on Marvel Unlimited.

For some events, I think if you look them up in the "events" tab it's easier to read them in order, but they might also have a bunch of stuff you don't want to read (the most recent Secret Wars has every single Battleworld issue in there, which is mostly great comics, but you might not want to read 20 other books between Thors #1 and Thors #2).

I have the Simonson bible already that I turn to on a bi-yearly basis tho reading it through MU is probably easier.

I've used the events tab before but usually they've removed the event before I have a chance to finish it. Was gonna use it for Inferno since I remembered seeing it in events a couple months ago but it wasn't there when I actually wanted to start reading it which was disappointing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

hope y'all hadn't gotten used to them equal rights

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Read about it during work while checking the stock market. I decided to stay in the closet even longer because I don't ever think it's going to be safe to come out as bi. I think it's just better to die
with that being a secret at this point.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

hope y'all hadn't gotten used to them equal rights

Too fuckin soon homie

Covok posted:

Read about it during work while checking the stock market. I decided to stay in the closet even longer because I don't ever think it's going to be safe to come out as bi. I think it's just better to die
with that being a secret at this point.

Yeah im kinda stressin about my transition rn

site fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 28, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

site posted:

Too fuckin soon homie

Yeah im kinda stressin about my transition rn

Don't let fear like that hold you back. You don't want to be like me. You just end up old fat and bitter. It's better to take the risk. It's not fun just hiding all the time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Too fuckin soon homie

Yeah, sorry that was a bit harsh. I think you'll be fine for now. But if Pence runs post-Trump this country will have to have a civil war.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Try to focus on what happened in New York. a 28 year old latina bartender running on "Abolish ICE, free healthcare, legalize weed, 15 dollar wage" beat the presumed successor to Nancy Pelosi who was backed by literally every major corporation in the state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGUplphAHDc

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love that a DSA is pretty much guaranteed to be in the US Congress, but I have a hard time extrapolating from one very left leaning district to the rest of the country. We can't get DSA folk to win council seats here in my city that votes 90%+ Democrat.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Whatever you do, don't stop fighting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

I love that a DSA is pretty much guaranteed to be in the US Congress, but I have a hard time extrapolating from one very left leaning district to the rest of the country. We can't get DSA folk to win council seats here in my city that votes 90%+ Democrat.

Just need to apply pressure. Kshama Sawant was thought to be an impossible candidate to win in the special election she won, then an impossible candidate to win in the next big election and now she's probably going to have that seat until she either retires or gets beat from the left.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endless Mike posted:

The Tea Party didn't take over the Republicans in a day. Ocasio-Cortez and the like will hopefully throw a little fear in to the establishment Dems, force them to at least pretend to support popular policies, and to stop collaborating with Trump. That'll pull the overton window to the left, and in 2020 we can get Bernie and a Bernie supporting congress in and they'll have two years to ram through as much as they can.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Covok posted:

Don't let fear like that hold you back. You don't want to be like me. You just end up old fat and bitter. It's better to take the risk. It's not fun just hiding all the time.

I mean ive already started and theyve already stripped most every one of the very small number of protections for trans people there were so legally it cant get much worse for me than it is i suppose, but theyre gonna ram through the naziest piece of poo poo they can so civil rights in basically every area are gonna get flushed down the toilet

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

I mean ive already started and theyve already stripped most every one of the very small number of protections for trans people there were so legally it cant get much worse for me than it is i suppose, but theyre gonna ram through the naziest piece of poo poo they can so civil rights in basically every area are gonna get flushed down the toilet

What state do you live in? there's a lot of things that can be done at a more local level to help prevent that poo poo. I live in Oakland and I'm not going to say things aren't going to get worse for trans people here but they definitely won't get as bad as quickly.

Like, it's not even a law, just a thing a bunch of restaurants have done where all the single occupancy bathrooms are gender neutral, since if only one person is in there (or a parent with a child or someone who needs assistance) what does it matter what their gender is?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Alaska

thankfully we just show down a referendum to enforce bathrooms based on biological sex. but what im concerned about is on a national level, eliminating discrimination protections for trans people, ensuring companies and/or health care providers dont have to have coverage for medically necessary transition stuff and the like

and of course theres stuff like roe v wade almost assuredly going before the court, gerrymandering, the complete elimination of the vra (or whats left of it), the court saying that putting kids in concentraion camps is good and cool, etc

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, sorry that was a bit harsh. I think you'll be fine for now. But if Pence runs post-Trump this country will have to have a civil war.

We are already in a cold civil war and have been since the 60s.

Covok
May 27, 2013

site posted:

Listen, I'm not going to pretend to know what you're going through right now. When I got the news, I was flush with anxiety and I'm just glad I I have my own office so I could experience it in privacy. I felt like the world was crashing down and my mind went to how bad this is going to be for myself as a bi individual and the lgbtq community.

I'm not trans. Though, sometimes I wonder if I am. My gender identity is confusing issue for me. But I definitely have never let anyone know about my feelings on the subject or that I'm bi, outside the people I've slept with.

I can't imagine how scary it is for someone who is not only out of the closet but is trans. The lgbtq community has not done enough for Trans people. And that's not right.

It might be a pointless and unneccesary gesture, but, if you need to talk to somebody who will at least try to understand, I can arrange something.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i appreciate the gesture. currently im griping in like 3 different spots including some queer chats, watching movies and pretending to pay attention to comics enough to classify it as "reading" but if i need anything ill give you a holler

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

Free elections in 2020, let alone 2024 if trump gets loving reelected, is hilariously optimistic to me right now. I like your version a lot better than mine.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I don't know if I've ever come out and said it on the forums per se but I'm trans too and today has been a loving nightmare. Around the election I was in a mental hospital because of a botched suicide attempt, I connived my way out of there because I was so desparate to vote even though I had a sick feeling of where the wind was blowing.

Every day since then has been a panicked argument with myself that being here is worth it, but like, I'm out now which mostly feels incredible, and after the fallout of that I know who my friends are, and it's a weird thing but when I signed up for this godforsaken website a billion years ago who could've guessed that this kind of conversation could be happening on it, which is a small grace I guess.

Site and Covok, you're good posters and as far as I can tell good people, and it's a hard loving time to be alive but you have my solidarity.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
excellent the gay agendas infiltration and takeover of bss is proceeding on schedule

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

excellent the gay agendas infiltration and takeover of bss is proceeding on schedule

Not complaining or anything, but couldn't y'all have set your sights a little higher?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Not complaining or anything, but couldn't y'all have set your sights a little higher?

First BSS, tomorrow TVIV!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

They already have ADTRW

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Infiltrate and take over GiP and TFR

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Batman's Scintillating Sexuality

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

Infiltrate and take over GiP and TFR

Y'all can fuckin keep that

Skwirl posted:

Look this is hellworld 2018 we gotta pick our battles

site fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 28, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Skwirl posted:

You could do worse than the subforum dedicated to men and women with perfectly sculpted bodies wearing skintight outfits

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Samuringa posted:

You could do worse than the subforum dedicated to men and women with perfectly sculpted bodies wearing skintight outfits

This guy gets it

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Samuringa posted:

Rowdy Ringsports?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wrestling sucks tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?