Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Harlan Ellison fuckin' died.

Edit: poo poo, that's a terrible way to start the page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Weirdly, I feel like he'd approve.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Cool one less guy committing sexual assault at cons

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Cool one less guy committing sexual assault at cons

Huh, I know he was a massive prick but I thought it was just verbally.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
He groped a woman on stage at a con on video no less

I'm sure if he's done it once he's done it multiple times

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

That sucks to hear.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Harlan Ellison also thought that the way the movie version of A Boy And His Dog changed the ending ruined it

So he was bad in two ways

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Harlan Ellison also thought that the way the movie version of A Boy And His Dog changed the ending ruined it

So he was bad in two ways

What was the ending in the book?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

What was the ending in the book?

The exact same, but it was presented as sad instead of funny

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

The exact same, but it was presented as sad instead of funny

Dumbass.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

drat it.

site posted:

drat it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
to be honest I kind of see his point regarding the ending of A Boy and his Dog

his beef was very specifically that they changed the last line from something kind of poignant that ties back to the title, into Blood making a quip about how Quilla didn't taste good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Making that a funny moment is an immense improvement, it basically makes the whole movie

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I知 going to be in London, Paris, and Colmar France over be next few weeks. I have lots of free time. Is there any really cool comics stuff (stores, museums, etc) to go to?

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Jordan7hm posted:

I知 going to be in London, Paris, and Colmar France over be next few weeks. I have lots of free time. Is there any really cool comics stuff (stores, museums, etc) to go to?

If you can hop over to Belgium, they have an awesome comics museum in Brussels.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jordan7hm posted:

The main thing in London I'm aware of is the Forbidden Planet megastore near Covent Garden. I've been living in London the past few months (horrible city) and I've visited it a couple of times. No doubt London goons would know more.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jordan7hm posted:

Warhammer World is a little outside London

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jordan7hm posted:

There's an Asterix theme park just outside Paris that 8 year old me never got to go to.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Wheat Loaf posted:

The main thing in London I'm aware of is the Forbidden Planet megastore near Covent Garden. I've been living in London the past few months (horrible city) and I've visited it a couple of times. No doubt London goons would know more.

Gosh Comics and Orbital comics which are also in central London are definitely worth checking out.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Is the Orc's Nest still a thing? I remember that from old issues of Dragon magazine

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Is the Orc's Nest still a thing? I remember that from old issues of Dragon magazine

According to google, it's still around.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Today's my birthday

Gonna get baked af

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

Today's my birthday

Gonna get baked af

I didn't know you were Canada.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Wow rude

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

site posted:

Today's my birthday

Gonna get baked af
Happy birthday friend, however that is illegal and I'm afraid I must report you to the Comics Book Police. Please try to enjoy your special day in jail!!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's only illegal if they don't share

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't know you were Canada.

Trudeauwned.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Huh.

quote:

A sequel to the film, entitled Home Brew, was planned for production in 1999 when financing fell through at the last minute. Co-written by Dave Thomas and Paul Flaherty, Flaherty was also going to direct, and Dan Aykroyd was on board to play the part of friend Rick Ripple. Principal photography was to begin on July 19, 1999 in Toronto. At one point, Todd McFarlane was to step in as executive producer to revive financing for the film, but never followed through.

The plot, according to a Maple Palm release, would feature Bob and Doug, now working as garbage men, being convinced by a fast talking insurance salesman (Aykroyd) to get into the microbrewing business.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Picked up my hero Academia Vigilantes today. I actually read the main series when it first came out. Like when the first issue was new. But I stopped reading for a long time. It's funny how big it exploded and how I could have been there for that but I chose not to. I still haven't caught up. I thought the spin-off series might be fun.

I haven't read it yet. But I did just see the back cover and I worry now. That picture on the back is not a good sign.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
it's July, friend

• Locked thread