Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
My average speed on an Amish bike was about 18-20kmh, on a 500w ebike it's 22-26. The difference is that I don't have to care if the wind gets up while I'm at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

A kilowatt is an awful lot of power for something that weighs bugger all

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Serephina posted:

Quoting my favorite bit of your piece:

No, I think the people getting shunned and exiled from their social circles in addition to their professions had little to do with government policies. Unless we're blaming the government for not letting people easily lie about their regressive anti-[science/intellectualism/academia] views.

Anti-plague measures are inflexible by need, ya dolt. (edit: talking to Seymour)

I'm just making sure that you know something awful forums poster exmarx is not senior stuff.co.nz editor Luke Malpass. I just felt bad that you might possibly have given serious critical thought to a poo poo article by a dumb libertarian because you thought someone here wrote it is all.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

yeah please don't give serious thought to anything anyone here writes.

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

yeah please don't give serious thought to anything anyone here writes.

Are you suggesting that I should not vote for Luca? :mods:

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/03/03/roadside-drug-testing-postponed-because-saliva-kits-dont-exist/

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

🕺 teachers 💃have🕺rejected💃the🕺governments💃offer🕺and💃will🕺vote💃tomorrow🕺on💃whether🕺to💃strike🕺

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

bike tory posted:

🕺 teachers 💃have🕺rejected💃the🕺governments💃offer🕺and💃will🕺vote💃tomorrow🕺on💃whether🕺to💃strike🕺

Hoh hoh surely you mean Monday - who ever heard of a teacher doing work on a weekend or one of their many holidays?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bike tory posted:

I am going to march with the strikers with a big white dog and a VOTE LUCA banner

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

quote:

A person drug driving (file picture)

just hopping behind the wheel and popping a cocktail of pills in my mouth, as is my wont as a Drug Driver

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

file photo: boomer meds

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
it says drug driving when that is quite clearly multiple drugs, what a blunder

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

bike tory posted:

I've found the balls our loving coward members were missing

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Props to the teachers and also all the students out protesting about climate change today

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

voted yes

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Luca has scab vibes, hate to say it. Never known a dog who wouldn't cross a picket line for a small scrap of food.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Pretty sure Luca is a Communist — treats from those according to their ability, treats to Luca according to his need.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

luca is a dog with no political will of their own and is merely a figurehead for the avaricious aspirations of faceless backers. a tool of the bourgeoisie.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

luca is a dog with no political will of their own and is merely a figurehead for the avaricious aspirations of faceless backers. a tool of the bourgeoisie.

Say that to his face coward, he will remove yours

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

i'd personally be a lot less eager to start fights if people could legally kill me in self-defense and the state kills me if i win.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

i'd personally be a lot less eager to start fights if people could legally kill me in self-defense and the state kills me if i win.

i, uh

admire your confidence in your ability to beat 40kg of angry fangs and claws

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
That's why the second part of his statement is key

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
If you're in Auckland, please fill out the relatively short budget survey. Make note of the services you care most about and how they might be funded.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Props to the teachers and also all the students out protesting about climate change today

do it during the week. during the morning commute

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

redleader posted:

do it during the week. during the morning commute

They did it during the week, during the Friday evening commute.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/morgangodfery/status/1631463766201356289?s=46&t=jQAaldAHNERJ0doBO7PIRw

many people saying this !

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

agree, "a party of labour" sounds great, where do we get one of those

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

I don't know what you're saying, but I'm happy for you, or sorry that happened.

Spyderizer fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 4, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

bike tory posted:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

bike tory posted:

zombie enver hoxha has entered the chat

new zealand 2025: there are tiny concrete bunkers all over the country and the entire country's rail network has been completely electrified

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
no but seriously

bike tory posted:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

National announced an early childcare tax rebate that's even more New Labour than anything Labour have proposed so far.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/485330/christopher-luxon-s-state-of-the-nation-speech-affordable-childcare-plan-unveiled

tl;dr households earning up to $180k/year will be able to claim a tax rebate on childcare expenses, with the full amount of 25% (up to a max of $75/week) available to households earning up to $140k/year, and it tapers off after that to $56.25, $37.50, and $18.75, respectively after 150/160/170k.

Also don't sleep on this goons please even just go and tell them to raise rates to pay for this poo poo and not cut anything:

Xik posted:

If you're in Auckland, please fill out the relatively short budget survey. Make note of the services you care most about and how they might be funded.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I've done my part :patriot:

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I said raise rates and take on more debt. :boom:

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I also told the Local Government my Thoughts and Opinions

...is this what retirement feels like? :okboomer:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Ripper Swarm posted:

I also told the Local Government my Thoughts and Opinions

...is this what retirement feels like? :okboomer:

did you tell your local newspaper about it? no? you're not even close to retirement

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

just lol if you think any of us will be retiring before 80

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I figure that my retirement will be a lot like my mums chickens. Once I can't produce any more it'll be a wrung neck and thrown in the paddock for the hawks.

At least they get food, shelter and fresh air in the meantime, lucky little buggers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wafflecopper posted:

just lol if you think any of us will be retiring before 80

When you say retiring you mean it in the blade runner sense right?

carrionman posted:

I figure that my retirement will be a lot like my mums chickens. Once I can't produce any more it'll be a wrung neck and thrown in the paddock for the hawks.

At least they get food, shelter and fresh air in the meantime, lucky little buggers

They don't even pay rent the filthy bludgers