Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
An 'enhanced one on one' in which Kennedy has a go at the author for damaging his mental health by highlighting that dating your employee should be reported.

what a fuckstick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Demiurge4 posted:

Worst part of the game so far is scrolling the map to the village.

The new patch lets you increase keyboard scroll speed, and once you remap to WSAD (given the key for collect is C, this makes sense) you can get around the map very quickly.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Sekenr posted:

To be fair some of the books say next to nothing. Some have decent chunk of text with actual information while some others are along the lines of READING: "This book contains obscure poetry about plants." READ: "thesunthesunthesunthesun"

I think the game slightly suffers from importing all of the CS books; they're great for worldbuilding but slightly at one remove from the actual gameplay of BoH.

That being said, there are very few books that actually say things that matter; to me, they're primarily sources of memories. I've made a little Excel file listing books that produce unique memories and put those into a single room so I can quickly find, say, four forge memories for skill ups. This means I can effectively ignore basic crafting. I love that the game actually rewards you for doing librarian-like things; to an extent I'd argue looking at the wiki defeats the point, although having a list of workstations is dead handy.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
You can get sacks of vegetables from the planters in the same room as the chickens for about half of the year. The chickens will be happy if they eat those, and you can then talk to them again for another egg. It's quite labour intensive, but everything that's not a chicken eats eggs.

You get additional shrines later on, but some combos there's not a shrine for. I restarted when I realised I'd ballsed up my tree, but it's actually not necessary - you can supplement kower level soul bits with crafting and memories.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

fez_machine posted:

yes, check ~2 or 3 pages back. The people who have decided to play and discuss the game have made their peace with it.

I haven't made my peace with it; I still feel lovely for playing it. But the game is just so good it draws me back in. Apparently I am willing to sacrifice my principles for an adequately spooky game about books, which is a level of self-knowledge I never wanted.