Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

I personally think non-esoteric paintings (i.e. those without a lore inspiration or weird pigments or whatever) shouldn't generate notoriety in and of themselves just because they're successful, I've had two characters get sent to Wizard Jail just for being a moderately-successful but totally mundane painters. In a world where the Surgeon origin exists, making a living painting shouldn't involve playing chicken with a freight train.

Game is otherwise very good, can't wait to see what kind of support it gets post-release. Having an ascension-ending for each lore type would be magnificent.

Pirate Radar posted:

Loving this game, but even while I’m having fun the grind seems to eat hours of my time with me barely aware of it.

Cult management mechanic spoiler: it seems like a huge step forward for your cult is reliably being able to promote Believers to Disciples, since ability checks seem to just go 2->5->8/9/10? So two Believers doesn’t upgrade you to a better chance to succeed, one Disciple does, and two Disciples upgrades you to almost certain success. But being able to upgrade people—especially people of a different Lore focus than your cult is—is so dependent on the RNG to give you the right Lore scraps and/or Tools that it feels like I’m just going to end up grinding for ages to get the right stuff to start upgrading people and start reliably tackling expeditions.

I might be misunderstanding you, but if not, big hint: You don't need your follower's lorescore to upgrade them, you use your own cult's score. As soon as you can whip out 7 Grail on demand you can upgrade everyone in a Grail cult to disciple regardless of their specialty, for ex.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Tehan posted:

They don't, as long as you don't use Lore as inspiration and only buy pigments with Funds or not at all, you only get Mystique from paintings, not Notoriety. Mystique does get you a Hunter though, and if your Hunter is Erratic they can pull evidence out of their arse.

Not my experience, if a painting is successful enough (I think it's like generating 5 funds or more) it generates 1 notoriety regardless of what you put into it, like even if you just used Passion and a mundane inspiration.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 4, 2018