Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

It's fine if it's a big firm and you work in different areas. It's absolutely a terrible idea if you report to each other

I don't think you can call that a coworker really.

Personally I would feel pretty weird about it because of all the stress and whatnot that goes on in companies.

Then again if the spark is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

PSA: If someone wants to use mods go to the modding discord and download the Assembly-CSharp patch, they've been broken for a few versions now

And maybe copy your patched game files somewhere outside of Steam, too, otherwise you'll have to keep patching the game whenever there's an update (which can be every few days even).

Here's the mods I'm currently using, not tested extensively with the DLC but worked fine for the past week:

- Cultist Simulator Extended (longer summons, some minor tweaks to notoriety, mostly to make things easier on ghouls)
- Cult Expansion Mod (lets you build up your headquarters for minor bonuses)
- Looping Jobs (optional tedium reduction in exchange for making it easier to get in trouble if you do loop your jobs, since they pay out slower; also makes painting more viable)
- The Voices Through Followers (new legacy and mechanic)
- The Professor (new legacy, secret histories cult and ascension, like a mini-DLC)
- The Pack Of The Wolf Divided (new legacy and ascension, less content than the other two)

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Here's all the mods I've listed earlier along with the patch:

SA_modpack.zip

- check out the "gateofhorn" branch in Steam betas
- copy Assembly-CSharp.dll (I've already patched it) into [Game Install]/cultistsimulator_Data/Managed/
- extract mods you want into C:/Users/[User]/AppData/LocalLow/Weather Factory/Cultist Simulator/mods/
- activate them in the menu I guess

e: the courgette64.exe is used for applying the patches, it's included if you want to do it yourself in the future

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 27, 2020

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

As a quick update the binary I've patched works in the last game patch (z.1) as well.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

how do i play it?

Go to "mods & DLC" in the main menu and click on play under the dlc there. The specific wording might differ slightly but that's how.

You can also get it after ending a normal game as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Demiurge4 posted:

No it’s not an appeal. It’s a stubborn rear end in a top hat. If he wants to make the game longer add more content and different progression paths. Don’t just make it more tedious.

Literally every single game Kennedy worked on as a gameplay designer (Fallen London included) has tedious gameplay to some degree. At some point you have to admit it has to be intentional.

I hate it, but still play them.

I'd probably play them a lot more if that weren't the case though.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 29, 2023