Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Anyone know what the version differences are between PC and mobile? I know the Dancer dlc isn't in, but unless I'm missing something I can't change my HQ either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Palemdromes posted:

Played five hours this morning. This game has got me addicted help

I have no idea how I've played over 80 hours between iOS and PC. I will not stop until I figure out this apostle thing.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Playing a Bright Young Thing. The lore I get out of it is a Port Noon Anecdote. I'm thinking sweet, these are annoying to get. Researching it pulls out the Hebe Stanton. Honestly I should have seen that coming.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Palemdromes posted:

What’s wrong with that

Secret Histories 14 lore is a real pain to get normally, so it seems like a waste to draw the ship when I typically get it filling out the first three expedition tiers. I was gambling to draw the Wreck of the Christabel so I can get the frangiclave.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Tylana posted:

EDIT : And I forgot my main point in posting. Someone is doing a Screenshot LP of Cultist Simulator.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888951

I've already realised I totally glazed over the first acquantance and dream as the doctor.

This game has me completely and I thought really hard about doing a LP of it, but I struggled with how I would show it to an audience in a satisfying way. I'll be watching this LP.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I've lost several games by not paying attention and forgetting what degrades into fascination, then going crazy from fascination 3. Surprisingly tough to fix if you catch it too late.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I play a ton on iPhone. Runs well, but a cluttered table is a bit of a pain to navigate. 100% recommend.

In other news, in my newest PC game I think I had my first bad outcome ever consuming opium. It gave me an illness, but it still produced contentment so it was just a setback.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Tylana posted:

I decided to try a Cult-less run. Still working on it, but only realised after buying out Morlands than I have no HQ because I have no Cult!

Going Power for ease of play. I guess Dancer is pretty doable though.

Edit : Also a Calgine ate a Reason on a failed summoning. I feel like a chump.

I've been bitten by summoning failures often enough that I without question shut them down with reason. The risk is just too high.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I still kind of hope there's another expansion with a sort of New Game++ that has you attempt to ascend into being an Hour. Seems like the logical thing to do.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Whew, had a marathon session and completed the Ghoul ascension. It was quite an interesting trip, and I wasn't disappointed. I got really tripped up by some of the old ingredients being edible, and ESPECIALLY having Crucible being edible. I completed almost all the expeditions until I figured that out.

I'll save Priest for tomorrow.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I noticed on the dlc page that Ghoul has two ascensions tied to it. I only did one, but I can't recall anything obvious that would lead to another ending. I suppose I'll experiment with it. Or look it up on Reddit >_>

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

pedro0930 posted:

I keep losing to my corpse hunger as ghoul. My latest loss results from having my corpse snatched from under me by my own HQ (abandoned warehouse). I think I'll save edit to reduce my hunger. By the time I noticed it's a thing I am already at 7 marks.

Is there a way to get corpse faster? I can easily kidnap people but waiting for prisoner to die takes too long.

Explore with your temptation while you're hungry (and only when you're hungry).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

Edit: Today I learned Port Noon Anecdotes are Unique and if you get a second one it overwrites the first.

Don't make my mistake kids, use it or lose it!

This is true for all the top lores actually, but there's little reason to get more than one of anything but SH lores. Read the card descriptions!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ugh, why do things I like have to be made by lovely people?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

New DLC is very hectic. Your primary resource is finite (as far as I can tell) and must constantly be on the move. Really contrasts with the base game. It reminds me a lot of how XCOM2 was designed to expressly counter the slow play of EU/EW.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I've injured one of my soul cards and the remedy is forge 5, but I haven't scrounged enough forge from anywhere I've been yet to cure it. I can't even read any forge books because, get this, I can't scrounge enough forge aspect. My kingdom for some forge skill, or a forge memory. Is there forge weather?

Game is interesting, and learning it has been fun. Navigating the map is a pain in the rear end though.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I have 8 of the 9 soul cards and presumably the one I'm missing has some forge on it. I've discovered I can eat furniture in the house for memories but I'm hesitant to do that, but aside from aesthetics I haven't seen if the game encourages home decorating. Or what the significance of dating the books and rooms into eras is. Or even where the library itself is in this drat house. These books are practically just strewn on the floor. Not like I can even read most of them. Getting 6 of any aspect is a trial, let alone trying to get 10 or more.

Despite my whining I like it; reminds me of getting my head around CS for the first time.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Good to know only some things are consumable if you consider them for memory. I should start writing down what memories I get from rereading books. Any that would give a forge memory is very valuable to me right now.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Finally got my 9th soul card. :unsmith:

How are people organizing their books? I’ve taken to grouping them up my mystery, whoever I have room. I just filled up the reading room.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm just starting to dip my toes into crafting so all that junk is just everywhere. Game should just let me strew poo poo on the floor.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I have 3 health >_>

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

"We made this arbitrarily annoying on purpose" will not hold up very long I suspect.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Hey, some of us enjoy the tedium.

I have a high tolerance for tedium (hell I rarely use the speed up option) but scrolling all the drat time is going to give me an RSI.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Opening rooms is a pain and you can only open one at once so you should strive to do so as often as possible.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

To evolve a soul card you need:

-2 of the same soul card (of the same intensity)
-A skill attuned to the soul card
-A workstation that accepts all of: the above skill, evolves (one of) that skill's branch of knowledge, and your soul card's element.

The workstation you found does not accept phost, which is a Light/Sky card. It accepts Edge, Scale, Heart, and Winter.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm a weirdo and I like doing runs of CS every once in a while even though I have every primary ending (gently caress getting the romance variations though). BoH feels like it has the similar vibe. I already noticed that what sort of librarian you are and what type of journal you start with appears to be variable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Why are there so many skills!

Anyway I achieved what I think is the lowest ending where you submit your journal to the yew tree. Definitely starting again to get whatever a higher ending entails.