Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Beefeater1980 posted:

You can see the next random event by clicking on the day timer (the orange hourglass), which helps with planning.

I ...did not even think to try that. That probably helps a lot lol.

Loving the game so far, it's really enthralling. Do find that, like with Sunless Sea, it's hard to put down and I need to be strict about taking breaks regularly or I start to skim the writing and that feels really wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I think you can use Dread to dream away Fascination too so it's not terrible to have one or two around

e. Your Contentment expiring while the Dread is locked up for a minute is a bummer and I think it's just something you're going to have to try to plan for. Being able to cancel some actions would be neat though, there's probably some downside or something though

Knorth fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 4, 2018

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
History cult is pretty interesting. You don't use the history aspect for anything so you can be pretty flexible with things like upgrading cultists

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Having things snap to a grid would make it feel mechanical in a way I don't think fits the game, but that's just gunna be a personal thing.

I actually quite like the UI. The only things that kinda bugs me is that when exhausted stats try to return to the stack and shove everything around, that health recovered from affliction doesn't go back to the health stack and that it's hard to see when a card has slid underneath another card

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sekenr posted:

I feel very dumb now. How do you leave the map screen?

Drag the card you want through the 'door' you came through. The Woods symbol, I assume

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Oh, there was a neat little interview from awhile back with the devs. I thought it was pretty interesting, especially now that I've actually played the game lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr-1YmifpJk

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol they did a few interviews during Rezzed and managed to find the loudest supposed-to-be-empty rooms possible

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
They were too good at sneaking and snuck out of the physical world.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Those Hour cards are fantastic

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/systemchalk/status/1116127800593772544

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
1. Stop following this thread.