Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Yea if you see the DESPAIR timer pop up buy opium.

I've seen no side effects so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The physician is also real good for making money.

and if you need to kill someone, I have found nothing better than the maid-in-the-mirror. I got these 8 winter aspected manacles out of a vault and hoo boy did we send the dead forth to kill.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Infinity Gaia posted:

So has anyone here actually tried to cast the The End Is Beautiful ritual? It seems like a game over so I'm rather scared of attempting it, but also insanely curious. This is the thing that has made me feel the most like a cultist, so good job Cultist Sim.

yes, and it murdered the count

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

There are a few things you can ask them to do, yes.

If it helps treat them like another follower.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Josef bugman posted:

And where do I find histories lore?

Best way to do this is the Ways into the Mansus, but there are a few books out there to get you started. Check Morland's and Oriflammes.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Josef bugman posted:

And now I need other sorts of lore. Is it only books or can places get them to me?

Mostly books, but the rarer books are on expeditions.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So I just got my first win.

As I used 50 forge in the power rite, I got a "standard" rather than a minor victory the rest of the thread is reporting. I'm wondering if that sun achievement isn't for calling the guy you need the 14 lantern lore to learn about? I sure as hell didn't summon that guy at the end of the game, I was about to win!

End game really needs some work, there's far too much dumpster diving for the numbers/tech you need to get the last mark. I got lucky and pulled the book with the Intercalate Rite, but I can imagine getting frustrated diving into the peacock door -> fixing the mirror -> diving into the door -> trying to keep King Crucible summoned -> etc.

Also where the hell is Fucine? I kept picking up Fucine books but never found the language. Oh well.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I'm legit convinced Society of the Hours is the best cult, as you don't actually need exalts and demons will be supplying your endgame expeditions/assassinations/whatever anyways.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pirate Radar posted:

The Stag Door riddle is different every game, yeah, and to solve if you have to read the text associated with other cards and figure out which scrap of esoteric knowledge sounds like the riddle solution.

As far as I can tell, Moth 6 will always work. At least it has "a solution to the riddle" on it.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Pro tip for never caring about fascination again:

Fascination is actually an influence, so if you aren't working you can slot it in with 8+ grail and a knock assistance, sacrifice it to Sunset Rite/Maps Edge, and get a Raw Prophet who can destroy evidence into the bargain. Dread is also an edge influence, so you can use it with high lantern or high winter to get a hint or maid-in-the-mirror respectively.

Also, you can summon with histories? gently caress!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Using your better lore to promote cultists.

If I have 8 winter lore but 2 grail, the children of silence make a bit more sense.

Each cult also has a cult action exalts autosucceed at.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I kinda wish you could corrupt investigators into your cult by revealing more lore.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Speedball posted:

So, can any summoned being teach me a language or is that a pipe dream? I figure one of these demons ought to know Deep Mandaic or whatever.

King Crucible, Ezeem, and the Baldomerian can if you have a lot of Forge, Grail, and Lantern respectively.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Wolpertinger posted:

It leads to the Detectives Never Ever gently caress Off chore, due to the infinite mystique feeding them forever, so you can never actually use Work for anything OTHER than painting.

The Maid in the Mirror is more than happy to solve your detective problems forever.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Wasn't Big D's actual title Voivode?

Somehow I missed this.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Can I recruit enemy investigators into my cult? Trying to get Connie Lee to join my insane adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

How do I get the rivals to stop stealing all my ascension slots?

I thought I was recruiting them when I turned them, woops!